1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gargoyle Altering

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Lil' Lucien, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Lil' Lucien

Lil' Lucien Guest

Ok, I missed the boat on this one. Any info concerning altering items for gargoyle use would be very much appreciated. I know during beta i had seen an altered Rune Beetle Carapace.

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Altering of artifacts had to be pulled because of some issues which came up. Last I heard, they did intend to eventually allow it.

Normal items can still be altered by a character of GM+ skill in the appropriate craft standing by a soulforge.

3. Lil' Lucien

Lil' Lucien Guest

Ahhhh ok, thanks. I had not tried non-Artie items. Kinda thought altering was aimed at converting our beloved artifacts for Gargie use...

4. Evlar

Evlar Guest

I wonder if eventually the plan will be to allow altering in both directions...

Human/Elf to Gargoyle
    Gargoyle to Human/Elf

Have been picking up some superb gargy arti's doing champ spawns and would love them on some of my Human or Elf chars...

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm pretty sure that altering will remain one-way ... it's been listed a couple of times as one of the "perks" of being a gargoyle ... equivalent to how elves could wear both human and elf armor but humans couldn't get access to elf armor.

6. Evlar

Evlar Guest

That's Human discrimination that is ;)