1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gargoyle city in ilshenar

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Michellia, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Michellia

Michellia Visitor

Just started playing again after about 5 years.
    Want to get the glass blowing and stone working books, etc.

Some sort of force field at the entrance to the gar city.

How do we get in.

Also I cannot afford the high seas or stygian expansions right now...

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

Those books are also available from the gargoyle vendors in Ter Mur (city in the SA expansion). They are not "SA Required" items so you should be able to use them without having the expansion. Ask someone on your shard to get you some copies. They run about 10.5k per on LS.

The Alchemist has the Glassblowing and Mining Sand books.
    The Stoneweaver has the Stonecrafting and Mining Stone book.

There is also a Mining for Gems book on the Blacksmith, which does require the SA Expansion. It allows you to mine regular gems (ones sold at jewelers), to support Imbuing.

Stayin Alive,

BG

3. Michellia

Michellia Visitor

Thanks for the info.

So something that was paid for in another expansion years ago has to be paid for again.

Got to rethink about staying with uo.

4. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

You do not need the SA expansion to use the books. They were added to the SA vendors as an alternative source for them. Since the last few events have involved Ver Lor Reg, it is understandable that the city has been compromised. If the books required the SA expansion to use, they would have a tag saying "SA Required" (or something to at effect). The unavailability of the books (to someone w/o the SA Expansion) during the recent events was probably not considered, since the books are available in Ter Mur and SA has been out Sept 09.

Were you successful enlisting someone to buy them from the vendors for you? If you would like, we can meet in game and I can get them for you. You may also want to post the request on your shard specific forum, however asking in chat may be much faster.

Stayin Alive,

BG

5. Michellia

Michellia Visitor

Nope no one has offered to help us out. We have also posted on uo forums and no luck there. I have checked hundreds of shops and not luck there.

icq 153446717

6. Barry Gibb

Stratics Veteran

I will try to install ICQ and get my old number working again. I am on a new laptop, because my old desktop lost its power supply (I think). My number is on my profile page. I will ICQ you, if successful. If not, send me a PM and we can schedule a time to meet in game. You may need to front me the gold for the books on Atlanta. I do not play that shard, except to get holiday gifts or tour someone's house when they post in the Homes & Castles Forum.

Stayin Alive,

BG