1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gargoyle Flying

Discussion in 'UHall' started by puni666, Feb 9, 2011.

1. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Is there anything in the works to make the gargoyles a little easier to control while flying. It's kind of a pain to see exactly what tile you're on while flying. I know a few people use UOA and change into a chicken, but when you die you're stuck crawling like the old stone form movement.

It might not be as big of a deal like it is right now, but if you're stam blocked by something all you do is rubber band all over and when you're finally free you end up in more trouble then what you started in.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I used to just watch my talons (before they fixed it) now it can be a real pain to tell where you are I would have to agree there!

3. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Yeah if my guy can fly that high why is he getting hit by melee weapons?

4. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

This kind of has something to do with a solution. Maybe just make them fly lower since they don't really gain any benefit besides stamina drain and mount movement and one less pet slot used. They can't actually fly over ANYTHING so make them fly lower....

5. Tinsil

Tinsil Guest

Exactly. If my gargoyle can't fly over a wooden chest anyways, why does he need to be so high up off the ground?

6. [JD]

[JD] Guest

I used to wear boots and they would show where we were on the ground but they changed/fixed that so now I have no idea where I am. Try getting up stairs or ramps when being chased. Whee, so fun.

Anyway, please fix Gargs so its easier to tell what tile on the map they are flying on. And also it would be nice to have a smaller wing, which doesnt freaking block EVERYTHING you try to click on or pick up. Getting tired of ctrl-shift for even the most mundane tasks. Most of the time I just turn flying off, it's quite dumb.

Rant off. :p

7. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

To stop the wings from flapping, just turn off idle animations in the user settings.

8. [JD]

[JD] Guest

i removed the word "flap". it is the blockage from the wings being so large which is annoying

9. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

During the open SA beta there was a little yellow/white pixel on the ground that showed where a flying garg is in that plane. They removed that, but it helped.

-Lorax