1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gargoyle Outcasts(New SA addition)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gelf, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Gelf

Gelf Guest

I thought these were a bad idea on test, apparently they're worse on a reg shard. basically they took some gargs gave them 1-2k hp(not certain going by damage as they can't be lored), casting ability(mystic, necro), barding, a bunch of weapon specials(throwing) and they hit hard to begin with. add in super summons(Lots of RC's) which apparently can't be dispelled( tried several times on my 120/120 mage), and next they insta spawn and have demon AI. They also seem to have 10-20 in a small area. They apparently serve little to no purpose other than to hand out death robes.

2. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

been doing some of them with barding - if they summon something then bard it back onto them. not too hard that way if you do 2 on the outer edge.
    I havent yet tried the rouser.

Lorddog

3. Gelf

Gelf Guest

You must be doing way on the edge, they can target me from over a screen away. I haven't tried barding on reg shard, on test at 120/120 with provo mastery was only succeding 20% of the time, so i'm guessing there barding difficulty is 160. Would hate to be a tamer tryin to drag a pet through them.

4. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Where in the Abyss are they located?

5. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

west of the entrance to the Abyss, coming in from the underworld

6. I think there were 3 places, but I can only remember 2 of them. One is North of the Essence Of Achievement spawn. The other is South of the Essence Of Order Spawn.

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

go down the spiral staircase in underworld then teleport to the left side once youre in abyss, and go towards the fire ant / daemon spawn that's north, before you get to the tree of life pixies and undead regions

lol *looks sheepishly* I was a bit late on reply there ;)

8. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Whats the loot like?
    I'll have to sneak in there and see what the passive reveals are like.

9. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

950-1000gold, about 4-8 items (apart from their own non-magical armor and weapon). Those magical had many properties on them (quiet a few with 5) but the intensity was low to medium. I just ran 595 luck so incresing that might gimme some interesting pieces to unravel....
    A rouser has a full Mystic spellbook instead of the throwing weapon.

10. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

I concur
    I took my stealth mage and killed both outcast and rouser.
    The usual tactics for this chr are lure 1 critter to a safer spot dbl ev, poison field and mana dump eb's when the tagets heath is low. There's the obvious advantage of being invis'd. Their summons are not called. They summon 'an animated weapon' and they aren't that hard. I stealthed through the spawn and was not revealed. 115 stealth only.
    Cheers

11. T-Hunt

T-Hunt Sage

Had np killing them on my mystic..
    Just colossus them and mass sleep..

1k gold and other junk...
    Dont see a reason for them yet..

12. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

It's to give them BadBoy LJ'rs something worthwhile to do w/ that 10% bonus they just got

13. bioras

bioras Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm I just ran all over the abyss. I found the two mentioned. Where is the third?

14. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

two are close together. From the Abyssal lair entrance go east, do not cross the bridge towards the Stygian Dragon, but stay on the same side towards the circle area

15. bioras

bioras Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I was wondering if they were the same spawn. Thanks!