1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gargoyle questions

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Mogluk, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

I am seeing very few gargoyles....especially those taht are PvP oriented. Since Mo grew wings I am working to learn the ins and outs. also looking for template suggestions.

Obviously Mgae weapon temps are out unless there are new -0 SCNP mage weapons for gargoyles. I am not doing taming.

I am working on Mysticism right now so any suggestions so that I can return to klomping oomies soon

2. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Mogluk, try the skill Throwing...you may surprise the old guard PvPers...
    Also, Imbuing supports some of the Mysticism spells...and some require that
    you have Evaluate Intelligence, and Tactics skill.

I would do Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Archery, Throwing, Fencing, Poisoning.
    or...
    Hiding, Stealth, with...Magery, Evaluate Intelligence, Imbuing, Mysticism, plus
    Tactics.
    or...
    Hiding, Stealth, Tactics, Fencing, Poisoning,Throwing, and Ninjitsu.
    or...
    play the same old Template you know.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

3. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Fencing and throwing?

Wouldn't Swords and throwing be the way to go?

4. From what I've read Dex greatly affects your hit chance with throwing. It's a very strange skill. If you want to be a mage, I would stay away from it.

Don't forget your focus or at least two pieces of SR2 items to counter-act the massive stam you lose now in flight mode. [It used to be only sr2 was needed like any other mount, but now I think it's closer to sr4, I switched back after they made the change.]

Mage weapons aren't out, you just need to offset the -20 [-21 if you want the easy route] to your magery.

I don't think there are any benefits to a Garg char short of the imbuing bonus. Gear is way gimped, you don 't get JoAT or the Int bonus from humans/elves.

*shrugs* They look awesome, but I'm definitely happier as an elf.

5. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Flight, with a greater dragon.

Saves you needing ninja skill.

6. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You can covert old mage weaps into garg weapons or have an imbuer make you a garg weap that is scnp -20. You can not wear some of the usual stuff to get good dci though; no sammy helms; all the faction artis dci stuff is useless to you, no rbcs, no hotl, no violet courage etc. Your dci has to come from your weapon, sheild, and jewels.

pretty much the only pvp temp I would run with a garg would be a tamer mage witha greater in tow. If you are ruling that out then you may be better off changing back to human or elf. if you are not interested in running highend artis I would say stay a garg if you like the flight aspect; just be sure to account for your stam loss via some focus or stam regen on your suit.

The only garg I own is my imbuer who is also my crafter.

7. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Swords of prosperity convert-able?

8. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Doubt it; I could not convert a non faction rbc. I have not tryed swords of prosp.

9. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

your gonna have to do something about that accent too.

10. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

mo gluk the biggest problem with the gargoyle is that there is not enough items to pull DCI and HCI from

for DCI the human/elf has ring, bracelet, heart of the lion, fey leggings, faction kasa, shields, mace and shield reading glasses, and weps

Gargoyles have ring, bracelet, weps, and shields