1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gargoyle Racial Ability - Berzerk

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cetric, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

In situations of great danger, a Gargoyle's natural ferocity will take over, granting speed and power at the cost of defenses.

* 15% Damage Bonus and +3% Spell Damage Increase for each 20% health lost from maximum health (60% weapon damage bonus cap and 12% spell damage bonus cap).

Does anyone know what the "cost of defenses" is? is it a set number of Defence Chance Increase, or something else?

I've searched around but haven't really found the answer i'm looking for, also if thats the case... can we get a button to like, turn berzerk off or something lol

Also just checked this in the enhanced client, got my char redlined but my dci never went down. however hitting him with hld dropped it by 25, so i know it does show real time dci. so that begs the question, what part of your defense is hurt?

2. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think its only a perk, the loss in defence must be roleplayed. *nods firmly*

3. Rodan/Linu

Rodan/Linu Guest

The cost of defense is having your hit points that low to have berserk in effect.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Did you check your resists?

I'm wondering about that?

5. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

From the language I thought it worked like Divine Fury, by lowering your DCI.

We know it'll show your real time DCI if you get hit with Hit Lower Defense, but perhaps it'd be good to test Divine Fury specifically shows in the Enhanced Client. The language is similar enough that it's possible they borrowed the code.

-Galen's player

6. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

No i did not, i will check that out. As for the hit points being that low, eh maybe, but i definitly wouldn't interpret loss of defense as that.

Just tested resist, nope no change. Maybe it is just implied and you get a bonus. Really just wondered after a discussion, with 70dci on a garg it just feels like once you get smacked around some, you start getting easier to hit. Possibly just coincidence though.[/

7. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Quick test, divine fury does take dci down 20 on the char sheet.

8. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well ****.

:(

Sorry.

Do you get a message when the ability kicks in?

-Galen's player

9. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Yea i think something about rage, not positive though, wasn't really paying attention, so maybe not.

10. chad

chad Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Gargoyle racial is OP.

11. Berzerk doesnt seem to allow you to exceed the hard cap. (300% di).

12. Zero Day

Zero Day Guest

Berzerk was changed some time back so that it no longer lowered defense or resists.

Otherwise as gargs got low they took more damage and thus were easier to kill.

13. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think it actually gives a negative DCI at all anymore. It's just old text that didn't get removed.

14. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Pretty sure this is correct