1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Gargoyle Tamer

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by [JD], Jan 2, 2010.

1. [JD]

[JD] Guest

What arties/rares would I need or want as a Gargoyle Tamer? Already have Pendant of the Magi

Any Gargoyle specific weapon, shield, armor, earring?

2. Yacct

Yacct Guest

The Mystic's Guard shield was useful for my template, but mostly because I needed the 2 FCR given my jewels were crammed with skill points (provo/disco/tamer).. That character sometimes uses the staff of resonance when taming critters - it's not great, just -10 mage weapon but again, tight template..

Really depends the type of tamer you're running.. I'd consult this for more info: http://mythicmktg.fileburst.com/uo/uoherald/other/Publish60Notes.pdf
  3. [JD]

[JD] Guest

Thanks, I'll have to look into some of those Gargoyle only artifacts. Some seem to be on the cheap side in housing, I guess cause everyone thinks Gargoyles suck.

I guess I was more asking what human/elf arties can they use?

Just rings/bracelets/necklace?
  4. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jan 30, 2003
  5. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    Aye, what Bean said. Gargoyles can't equip anything armor-based that wasn't designed for them. I understand the fiction... their bodies are much bigger than humans, but it puts gargoyles at a real disadvantage, I think. And - aren't elves smaller than humans? The armor artifacts must be falling off of them!
  6. Gantry

Gantry Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Jan 22, 2009
    Yea artifacts are magical they should magically transform to the users body shape and form. That way all races can wear them and no loss in lore IMO
  7. Soem stuff can be modifeied to fit gargoyles. And I believe some of the arties fall into this. Most of the people that hate the gargoyle are PvPers and they aren't good for that since they have no faction items. If you use regular imbued equipment like most people do. The Gars arent that bad off.
  8. [JD]

[JD] Guest

What arties can be modified to gargoyle use?

Not all arties are even useful, it would be nice if some of the popular ones could be changed.