1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gargoyles can't ride Giant Beetles.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by BadManiac, Oct 19, 2009.

1. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

What's they alternative for safely carrying those extra 1600 stones? Non mounted pack animals get attacked by a reaper 5 screens away and wander off to insta death, so they don't count.

2. Drazasamus

Drazasamus Guest

get a friend who can gate. go from point a to point b as quik as possible. how do you think we did it before blue beetles... both ways in the snow i tell ya...

3. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

make a macro that says "all stop" and "all follow me"?

4. I'd add training that beetle or packy up so they can actually kill a mongbat and not die an embarrasing death to one.

5. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

You carry 1600 stone worth of ore around? I just bring a fire beetle and 2 packies, you can stay out mining way longer and a fire beetle can handle your everyday greater mongbat w/o training it. My miner is not a Gargoyle but I don't usually mount anything because you can't be mounted while mining anyway.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You're forgetting that they recently changed the way pets obey commands. 'All follow me' now makes them follow you and ignore the call to battle.

7. Zyron

Zyron Guest

well. crafter was the only viable option for a gargoyle.. Now im transferring my imbuer toa human and just using the queens forge

8. maroite

maroite Guest

Huh... I doubt they got it right then because last night I hit all follow me and my dragon did the double take look thing like "Hmm... to follow you or to kill this little lava lizard..."

Sure enough she went straight for the lava lizard. So something tells me that whatever changes they may have made, didn't work. Can't say I'm surprised though. rolleyes:

9. If it was guarding you have to tell the pet all stop then all follow me..

10. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah, if it is guarding you, it will attack whatever gives you the evil eye. You have to stop it first and then have it follow you. I figured that one out the hard way.

11. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I imbue a lot. The difference is significant between a human and a gargoyle imbuer. The last imbue we do is often a very small % even with a garg.

12. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with that sorta. But, try this go in the context menu and hit stop, and then follow me. It actually works that way, where it doesn't necessarily work when you just tell them to do it with words.

13. Fink

Fink Guest

Spam it, Janet.

Dragons are casters and seem to resume targeting if their spell/breath lands after being told to stop/follow.

14. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Unfortunately Gargoyles as a down side to flying cannot ride any mount.

I agree, though, that since one of the strength of the gargoyle race is craftability they should be allowed some sort of heavy weight (materials for crafting) carrying in alternative to a pack beetle which they cannot ride.

Perhaps a "gargoyle only" special belt (like a crimson cinture, i.e. taking that same slot) which can carry as much as a pack animal ?

If the idea can be agreed upon, I'd rather prefer seeing it as a new craftable, perhaps only by gargoyle crafters at GM skill in a combination of crafting skills, all at 100.0 level, rather than another new drop....

15. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Aww...why ya have to go and give em an easter egg like that? :D

16. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Here's a nice, fanciful idea. How about Gargoyles can have a wheel barrow? Takes up 1 - 3 follower slots and double clicking it attaches it to your character, letting you push it in the same way as double clicking a mount attaches it to your character, letting you ride it. Can't mine while pushing.

17. BadManiac

BadManiac Guest

Most of you seem to be missing the point. I used to play before Trammel, before fancy pet AI, before everything, I know how to keep packys alive, as do most players.
    The point is, humans and elves don't have to. Why do Gargoyles have so many cons, and so VERY few, VERY insignificantly tiny pros? This is just another one of those cons.

18. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

Lack of forsight make hindsight very happy.

19. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

NEVER have your pet guard you or you are inviting aggravation. They will run off to anything that targets them or you. If they are not guarding,just holler "All Follow Me".

I dunno,I`ve dragged my Gdragon thru lots of spawn and never hafta pound the Follow Me button.