1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Gargs and tamers,

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by Rumpelstiltskin, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Ok

1.) Can the gargoyle move at mount speed and control a super dragon?
    2.) Can a gargoyle ride a mount?
  2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    1) yes (assuming no last-minute changes based on the open beta data)
    2) no
  3. guum

guum Guest

Note that flying at full speed eats up stamina quite rapidly. If you intend to go more than a screen or two at full speed, you're going to either need some stamina regen gear or focus on your template/gear.
  4. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
    I think 6 stamina regen is the number I've heard quoted most often and what worked for me during the beta. All things are, of course, subject to change. Also, for a number of reasons, I wouldn't rush into making the conversion of a human or elf character to a gargoyle until you know what gear you will also be able to convert or to craft from scratch, including earring and necklace pieces.

I believe Chrissay said something a week or so ago to confirm that after the expansion is released, there will be a test shard where people can try out the new content, as long as they have already purchased and applied an expansion code to their account. I would certainly recommend taking advantage of that test shard once it's up if you are considering making a new gargoyle character or converting a human or elf character to a gargoyle one so you know what to expect.
  5. LordTesla

LordTesla Visitor

Feb 23, 2005
    I NEVER use test shards... I want to gain and have fun... Not 120 it, know what to expect, then get bored building it on my Pac shard...

I strongly encourage build as you go.... learn as you go.
  6. Caldwin_UWF

Caldwin_UWF Guest

Well, they nerfed the Greaters so you may want to reconsider making a tamer Garg. You may want to reconsider your subscription altogether.