1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gate travelling nowadays

Discussion in 'UO Drachenfels' started by Zandros, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Zandros

Zandros Guest

... seems to be a big hassle. Casting a gate and getting like 15 times the message: Your spirit lacks the cohesion blabla is not really what i wanted to happen. :cursing:

That only happens sometimes. Running into the gate didn't work - not getting any travelling window up. So i was standing on top of it and klicking it.

What am i doing wrong?

2. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

You not doing anything wrong. Its a problem the Devs need to fix.

3. Zandros

Zandros Guest

Good to know, thanks. Is there any work around?

Just a matter of luck whether it works? Do i have to wait a certain time, change my casting position, run repeatedly into the gate or what might help to have more success in entering the gate?

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Its just a matter of luck. They have it installed so you would not run trough gates often and alot in a short time. It just don't make sense it happends when you try to step in a gate the first time.

5. Nenime

Nenime Guest

A really annoying bug this is. Died a lot of times because I couldn't get away fast enough (my middle name is 'I-live-in-Felucca-now-for-years-and-still-suck-at-PVP'). Pretty embarrasing when you open a gate for a big hunt, everybody steps in and you're the only one left behind. "Chicken" is one of the more polite words you will read in the chat log.

6. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes.. why excactly its made so dunno.. perhaps due to siege rulesets.. imagine if you were able to go through a gate as often as you like you could move masses and masses of stackables with a single moongate.. however if this is the reason that got ruined by commodity deeds (said that.. unsure if siege ruleset shards have commodity deeds)

thats my best guess.. but am commonly known to accationally be mistaken ^^

Greets
    Gilly

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Yes. Siege has commodity deeds. *tips hat*

8. Zandros

Zandros Guest

*ROFL*

That's exactly what happend to me at the SL event spawn in Tokuno. Opened gate to next spawn point and everbody and his mon successfully jumped inside. Only me and my pets seemed to be the only one who were left behind because we "lacked the cohesion" :wall:

9. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

if it wasn't here we could just dupe all our pscrolls and drachs would be even more dead.....