1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GD Taming Suit

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by DreadLord Lestat, Aug 2, 2014.

1. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Ok I am a peace/tamer

120 taming, lore, vet, music, peace
    100 magery
    20 med
    720 total real skill

I want to make a suit to tame GD's and before I waste a bunch of ingredients, I am going to verify here.

Needed for sure
    85 Physical Resist (for when protection is cast)
    70 Fire Resist (Does this cap at 70 or should it be higher for flame strike and fire breath?)

Do the other resists actually need to be 70 since it does 100% physical damage?

Besides 100 LRC and 40 LMC, what else would help me specifically with GD's?'
    I have jewelry and one hand weapon/shield available as well (need to be able to chug invis/heal/cure pots)

Thanks!!

2. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Hit point increase would be very handy.

3. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Fire resists cap. The only reason to overcap it is for corpse skin, but you don't need to worry about that with GD's. As DJAd pointed out, hit point increase and perhaps hit point regen would be high on my list, just because the things hit so hard.

4. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Reforge 30% fire eater on it, and maybe 30% physical eater too.
    Those can save your life.

I'd also go with studded for reinforcing it up to 75% fire and physical resist.

5. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Building up honor and using it for taming would be way easier than using a special armour suit. Animals befriended with the honor effect are not aggroing you when you anger them while taming. Peacemaking breaks easily on a gd and sets the skill timer for a taming attempt. Follower of Honor (2'nd tier) is usually long anough to tame a gd with 120 taming and it doenst really take long to get there.

6. DreadLord Lestat

Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

I do that when I see one that I absolutely want to have but I enjoy taming the hard way at times too. :)

7. DreadLord Lestat

Okay so HP Inc and HP Regen...good stuff :)

I never thought about the damage eaters at all :)

Is 30% the cap on the different damage eaters?

8. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Kinetic, fire, cold, poison and energy eaters cap at 30%.
    All purpose damage eater property caps at 18%.

GDragons damage are mostly fire and physical, so kinetic and fire would cover both bases.
    They can be hard to get, so I would focus on getting 30% fire eater over kinetic eater. The firebreath is 100% fire, and the biggest problem you have with a GD.
    30% fire eater would heal you 20HP 3 seconds after being hit with a 60 dmg firebreath.

DreadLord Lestat likes this.