1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gem Cart and ML Gems

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fortyniner, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Fortyniner

Fortyniner Guest

According to the description, "Gem carts gives 5 random gems (including the new ML gems) per 24 hour period".

I have had a gem cart since they came out, and I have never received anything except the regular old gems.

Has anybody else?

2. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Erm, Gem cart???
    This on regular shard or SA beta?

3. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Ahh, 10th year reward.
    Did a search and they only give out classic gems.

Blessed
    Comes in a deed - "Deed For A Mining Cart Decoration"
    Ore cart gives 10 ingots of a random color (from Iron to Valorite) once per 24 hour period
    Stores a maximum of 100 ingots. Retrieve the resources by double-clicking on the cart.
    Gem carts gives 5 random gems (classic gems only) per 24 hour period
    Stores a maximum of 50 gems. Retrieve the resources by double-clicking on the cart.
    All players with "friend" or higher security access can collect the resources.
    Any accrued resources will be preserved if you customize your house or redeed the cart. However, if you switch between the ore and the gem cart, the resources will be lost.
    Requires 6 tiles in a 2x3 arrangement to place.

4. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Somewhat related... the gems I get off my gem cart, don't stack with my existing (non-cart) gems. Is there something I can so to combine them?

5. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Did you find that description somewhere official from EA/Mythic, or is that just what you thought it was supposed to do?

As far as I've ever heard or read, it was classic gems only, which is why I only bothered with mine carts.

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

They originally said they would give the ML gems, before the item went live, but changed it when the items actually reached testing.

7. Fortyniner

Fortyniner Guest

My quote was from the Playguide.

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=238

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, have received new ML gems on my gem cart. Will check later to see if they still do. All the mined SA gems were plain old fashioned gems though.

Yup still do. After server up, was given 5 pink round amethyst gems, and 5 diamonds shaped like the classic citrines.

9. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

so these would be like the gems that dropped when the Crimson Dragons died, and when the strangers in the dungeons (with the pretty blue boxes) also died?

as for stacking, I have the same trouble with the logs from the stumps... they don't stack with my old logs, but once cut into boards the planks stack

10. Spellbound

Spellbound Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yes those are the ones I get now and then...I collect only when the carts are full, if that makes a difference. The stump logs are named differently, hence they don't stack.