1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gem/Ore Cart

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Phaen Grey, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've tried the search tool and the main stratics site doesn't have them listed yet under vet rewards.

Does anyone know if the gem/ore cart needs to be placed by the owner of the house?

I can place one if a co owner can place it but the account holding the house isn't 10 years old yet.

2. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Co-Owners I'm pretty certain can place them as I have 3 placed in my main cabin which is held by my secondary account which is not yet 10 years old.

Don't remember if it's Co-Owners or if the owners can actually place them, but one of the two works.

3. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Thank you for the quick reply!

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

try around with it, because I really don't remember which character I used to place them, but they are in fact placed in the situation you describe.

So I would try a co-owner that is 10+ year first and see what happens

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I'm not sold on that new search function... it seems to find what it wants, not what I want...

This link will take you to the Stratics page with all of the veteran rewards through to year 10.

The details it gives on the Mining Cart are:

The Mining Cart

* Comes in a deed
    * Ore cart gives 10 ingots of a random color (from iron to valorite) once per 24 hour period
    * Stores a maximum of 100 ingots. Retrieve the resources by double-clicking on the cart.
    * Gem carts gives 5 random gems (including the new ML gems) per 24 hour period
    * Stores a maximum of 50 gems. Retrieve the resources by double-clicking on the cart.
    * All players with "friend" or higher security access can collect the resources.
    * Any accrued resources will be preserved if you customize your house or redeed the cart. However, if you switch between the ore and the gem cart, the resources will be lost.

6. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Aye we placed it with a co owner that was on an 11 year old account. Just didn't want to select it for a reward and not be able to use it. Thanks again for the replies.

7. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I know I'm digging up an old post but the carts I placed do not give the ML gems only the old gems. Are they broken?

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

The cart is intended to give the old gems - the ML ones used for crafting you'll have to get somewhere else.

9. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's not what it says on the very page you linked to in the earlier post. The exact same information is also what's stated at uo.com in the playguide.

10. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Maybe - but I've never seen anyone get any of the ML ones... so I'll state otherwise.

11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

It only gives the old gems but half of the gems are bugged and can't be used for inbuing :-(

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Thanks for catching that. We updated from uo.com but I wasn't looking for mistakes and missed that. They don't, in fact, give the new gems, they appear to give the larger versions of the old gems (similar to what was dropped by the crimson dragons I believe?). This makes most of them unusable for imbuing.

13. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Petra, only gems that appear too large are Amethyst, Citrines, Diamonds and Star Sapphires. All other gems are okay, I did submit this in the ask the devs section but...never saw anything.