1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gems for Imbuing

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Harb, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Harb

Harb Guest

Anyone know a better way than t-maps to rebuild a newly depleted former stockpile of gems? Odd thing about this new "release," it seems a lot of it is sending at least me back to some of the old "basics," plants, BODs, mining, lumberjacking, and now possibly t-maps. Didn't see any of that coming.

2. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

buy in bulk from any jewelry shop.

3. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

dig them up with your miner or crystal eles great 2 hit gem farms

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I just bought them from a jeweler. I hunted monster loot to unravel or use as starting points for training and the looted gold from the monsters went into buying gems. At legendary, I had half a million gold more than where I started.

5. Astrel

Astrel Guest

The slow way, picking them out of loot. It is a little tedious at times but often in a couple of hours of monster bashing I can collect around 40k gp worth of gems, depending upon the critter. Over a few weeks it all adds up.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If you want to save your sanity, and get the skill up before 2059 id buy them from a shop.

7. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

no i would say hunting is the fastest right click boom done next ele.

8. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Honestly, gems are the least problem. The gems you need for imbuing cost around 50 gold a piece. If you buy a bulk of 500, that's 25,000 gold coins. It is much faster making that gold by hunting creatures, than collecting the gems by yourself by hunting creatures or searching for treasure.

It is much more difficult to collect the large number of Magical Residue you will need to train Imbuing. I'd recommend to buy several unraveling bags, collect every piece of monster loot you can find, bring the full bags back to your house and unravel them when you have a couple of those.

In 1 hour a skilled fighter can earn about 50,000 gp AND collect 3 or 4 bags full of monster loot for unraveling. (Which yields 1000 gems and about 400 Residue.)

9. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Actually I buy my gems from the jewelers. I was lucky to become legendary artificer a few days after SA launch, so I had not to deal with the outrageous prices those NPC seem to charge right now, mainly for citrines, amber and rubies.

I think it would be a great idea if the devs increased the number of gems spawning in T-Maps (I was thinking about posting on this subject since a few days). Without entering in the long lasting question of improving the T-Map loot, increasing the number of gems in them would be in line with recent changes in the way one can get ingredients, while giving a bone to cartographers.

10. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

What hawkeye said.

I have about 8 unraveling bags that rotate on teh characters I use. Everybody uravels what they can, and what they can't unravel gets left in the bag at my house for my artificer to unravel when i log on with him for the essence and artifact pieces.

11. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The crystal elementals outside Luna have gems on them