1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Gems

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Hulk Hogan, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Hulk Hogan

Hulk Hogan Guest

(not regarding ore) I read a post on here that said mining in tram gives more gems, and fel gives more blackrock. Any truth to this? Does anyone know the drop rate for gems? My miner is an elf, and soon I'll be able to dig gems up...thanks!
  2. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 13, 2004
    No truth to it. I mine in both facets there was no noticeable difference.
  3. Raider Red

Raider Red Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    I do the same as setnafa and I also have noticed no diference either.However I did noticed that If I dont mine the cave in malas just south of hanse's hotel for a few days I usually "dig" up 12-15 gems in about 2-2 1/2 hours time,but after that I get only 3 per hour.I also noticed that if I mine a cave floor I tend to get more gems,but I dont know if it has anything to do with the floor or just My RNG god likes the floor.
  4. Tycolby

Tycolby Guest

I have seen more blackrocks dug up in Fel Caves more than anywhere else. As for Gems I see more in Ish mountainsides than anywhere else. I cant really speak about any other Facet as I aviod them like the plague.