1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[General] Gems!

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Garm The Green, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Garm The Green

Garm The Green Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What do you use yours for? Why are they worth so much?

Other than turquoise (used for turw ring for ssi) and perfect emerald (KWC for relics) i have about 150 gems, and no idea what to do with them... other than maybe make ecru citrine rings.

But! with imbuing how do properties like 5 SSI, 2 mana/health regen, 50 enhance pots contribute to property weight?

Is it worth tinkering some rings for extra regen/EP etc?

Many thanks,

garm.

2. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

5 SSI - Weight 18
    50 EP - Weight 200
    HPR/MR - Weight 100

It takes hundreds of special gems to get the right ring and they are wasted upon failure. They are all worth it and you can tinker then imbue nice rings for a variety of suits. The special property does take an imbuing property slot too.

The gems are also used as special ingredients for imbuing reference the materials needed here:
    http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31013

-Lorax

3. Garm The Green

Stratics Veteran

Great info thankyou! Any other uses for thee little things guys?

4. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Oh you wanted all the items listed that they are used for? Wow. I think if you look at all the weapons, armor and jewelry from the ML and SA release they are used extensively. Listing those would take too much time. You can go to uoguide or stratics and find all the ML items.

You could even use them for house decorations.

-Lorax

5. Garm The Green

Stratics Veteran

No no, that'd just be lazy of me!

I more meant for example i use citrines, emeralds and turquoise as they are particularly useful - i wondered whether there were other similair things like SSI/ KWCleavers that i was not aware of. I've checked uoguide and found every possible thing they can be used for, and was going to burn them all on mana regen bracers etc... just wanted to make sure i wasn't wasting them first.

Maybe i'll try to save some for imbuing etc :)

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Some of the property imbues use the Gems.

I know that at least one group of properties requires the Fire Rubies to Imbue at high level.

7. Percivalgoh

Stratics Veteran

Some of the other recipes can create relics, just not as reliable as the knights war cleaver. Brilliant amber, fire ruby, blue diamond, and turquoise are used for imbuing. Blue diamond in addition can be used to make crushed glass (smithing) and dark saphire can be used to make void orbs. I forgot to include that dark saphire, brilliant amber, and perfect emerald can be used as barter for other imbuing ingredients in quests.

8. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

White Pearls for imbuing slayers.

9. Garm The Green

Stratics Veteran

That's awesome to know as i dont have SA yet, so probably would have wasted quite a few, thanks again!

Think i might hold onto them for now...