1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

General question as in regards to POLL threads...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Mar 27, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 27, 2004
    Often we get POLL threads on Stratics on various issues about the game.

I was wondering, what if the polling was organized so that one could change one's own vote for a more accurate outcome ?

I mean, I find myself at times first voting, and then, after voting, reading the various arguments in favour or against. Occasionally, after reading confronting argumentations, one might realize how that first thought which led to voting in a given way, was mistaken, and that reading the various argumentations in favour or against, one would have instead preferred to vote differently.

So, I ask myself, would it be possible to have Polls organized so that the Stratics user could withdraw one's own vote and, therefore, be eligible again for voting in a different way if they changed up their mind after reading the various arguments in favour or against ?

This would lead to a poll, hopefully, and of course depending on the polling sample, a little more accurate in its results....

Anyway, just an idea.
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    I suggest you put this idea forward to the designers of vbulletin, since this is inherent to how the software works rather than anything in Stratics setup.
  3. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    Thats why I tend to wait a couple of days before voting on poles so I can read the arguments !
  4. Divie

Divie Guest

don't vote unless you have an informed sensible reason to vote.. / end thread
  5. Sickshine

Sickshine Guest

Sometimes the person starting the poll is vague or does not ask the question properly which leads to people voting one way only later to realize what the original poster was actually trying to ask.

I would suggest anyone starting a poll to take the time to read over it a few times and make sure they are clear about what they are asking and have appropriate answers to vote on.
  6. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

I always try to figure out how Popps would vote and then the oposite way.
  7. :thumbup1:
  8. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Thank you for the wonderful laugh, this should be a fairly decent tactic tho for accurate polling :p