1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

general question on glass items

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by kalzaketh, Nov 8, 2009.

1. kalzaketh

kalzaketh Guest

basiclly, on the smith's menu found powdered glass, what use does this have?it takes awhite pearl and 5 glass swords arather high price in my book for aseemingly useless item:rant2:

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It's an ingredient for something else - I think the 1-use craftable soulstones. Either that, or it's something used in imbuing. As I've been waiting till after the live events currently going on to resume working on the FAQs (And as I don't have SA on the account with the majority of my crafting skills), I can't be sure.

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The item 'crushed glass' can be made from 5 glass swords and a blue diamond, it's used to imbue the property 'enhance potions' on jewellery.

The item 'powdered iron' can be made from 20 ingots and one white pearl, it's used to imbue durability on shields.

I'm not quite sure which of these Kalzaketh is referring to, as he seems to have a mix of both :(

The soulstone fragment is made from crystal granules, which are in turn made from shimmering crystals. Those are only obtainable from shimmering effusion.

4. kalzaketh

kalzaketh Guest

many thanks, to both mod's who answered, it does give me amore defined direction to try to run, have afew gm crafters of varied skills :)

5. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Which skill is used to make the crystal granules? I have looked all over but cant find it in any menu

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Alchemy its located under earthen ware mixtures

7. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Many thanks