1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discordance] General questions

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by CorwinXX, Aug 5, 2013.

1. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

1. What does Discordance do?
    2. What does Tribulation do and how long it stays on?
    3. What does Despair do and how long it stays on?

1. What does Discordance do?

What I have found:

Bard FAQ (http://stratics.com/community/threads/bard-faq-a-must-read-for-all-new-bards-updated-2012.168520/):
    The Bard's Bible (http://stratics.com/community/threads/the-bards-bible-barding-difficulty.168508/):
    For example, if I have 100 disco and disco'ed a Fire Daemon:
    Base damage: 7-14
    Resists: 60/100/-5/20/30
    Wrestling: 50
    Tactics: 80
    Anatomy: 80

than its new stats are:
    Base damage: 5.6-11
    Resists: 40/80/-25/0/10
    Wrestling: 40
    Tactics: 64
    Anatomy: 64

Is it true?

2. What does Tribulation do and how long it stays on?

What I have found:

http://www.uoguide.com/Bard_Masteries
    http://uo2.stratics.com/skill-guides/skills-and-professions/musicianship/bard-mastery
    Questions:
    - how damage is calculated?
    - is amount damage affected by target's Resisting spells?
    - how chance to trigger damage is calculated?
    - what does the 4th condition to brake a song mean?

3. What does Despair do and how long it stays on?

The same questions as above.

P.S. Also I have a question about real skill vs modified (by jewels) skill difference.

#1 CorwinXX, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  2. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Disco does what you have found and is a great addition to a magic or fighting skill. I have it on a bard archer and a tamer and it makes things easier. I also have a pure bard and it is great with Provoke.

I am afraid I don't know enough about tribulation and despair to answer that for you.

Jewelry works the same as real skill with the exception of the bard mastery songs. You have to have 90 real skill to be able to do the quests and use them.

3. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Skill use factors modified skill while All Bard Spellsongs only factor real skill.
    Despair:
    Strength Decreased by up to 32 ( I think 20 from disco/music and 12 from provo /peace)
    Base Damage is 5 per 10 skill points in discordance above 80, 4 points per 10 skill points in musicianship above 80, 3 points per 10 skill points above 90 in peacemaking and provocation
    (so up to 36 from disco and musicianship, and 24 more from provo and peace)
    Damage vs Non players is increased by 50% Slayers modify base damage by 3x

Tribulation
    Reduces Target Hit Chance and SDI by up to 32% (Same calculation as strength for despair)
    Bonus Damage amount depends on Disco Skill. ( Up to 32%) 8 per 10 points in disco above 80
    Chance to Trigger damage depends on musicianship (Up to 60%) 15% chance per 10 points above 80 ( I think)
    Provo and Peacemaking above 90 increase the bonus damage and the trigger chance. Max Damage bonus = 50%. Max Trigger Chance = 84%
    Slayer Increase Bonus Damage by 50%. (So 50% would increase to 75%)

Tribulation and Despair

Base Duration varies by skill. 4 rounds at minimum skill (90/90) , 8 rounds at (120/120) skill + 1 round per 10 points above 90 in other bard skills.
    Each round is 2 seconds

Tribulation and despair are broken by Damage Taken by bard: Chance to interrupt depends on amount of damage taken and bard skills
    Duration complete -Maximum Rounds reached (See above for max round)
    Target is out of range (8) from bard
    Out of mana for upkeep

In PvP player resist spells skill will reduce the effectiveness of despair (lower damage). Resist also gives target a chance to shrug off the effects (resist) spell song, and terminate it before duration is reached.

#3 Logrus, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    CorwinXX likes this.
  4. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Oh forgot one important point.

Tribulation is DIRECT damage, not physical.

So if you hit for 100 after resists, if tribulation is triggered and you're at 50% bonus damage, it will hit for an additional 50 direct damage not physical damage.

5. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

So if I have 120 music, 120 disco, 0 provo, 0 peace and I use a slayer instrument (PvM) than
    Despair damage will be 108 (36 * 3) before resists (and damage type is that i selected on my mastery book)?
    and Tribulation gives 60% chance to apply 48% (32 * 1.5) direct damage of damage I did or someone else did?

6. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There are more questions:

1. Are there a bonus from instrument type? (for example, a bonus from flute vs snakes)

2. I have 90 real + 30 on jewels in music and disco. Is there any penalty if i switch damage after I've disco'ed a mob?

7. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

3. Does it true that effects are halved vs all mobs with 160 barding difficulty?

4. Are there any Fey Slayer instruments?

8. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Yep 36 base(108 with slayer) is correct for despair. Damage type is whatever was selected on the mastery book AT time of casting. (So if you change it while its already in effect you'll have to recast)
    Your numbers are correct for Tribulation as well.

The only factor instruments play is to the direct use of the skills. I believe exceptional instruments increase the chance to successfully discord a mob, but they do not have any effect on the mastery abilities. (Slayers instruments are the only way instruments affect mastery abilities)

Instrument type such as flute/drums/lute etc do not affect any portion of skills or abilities.

Once a Mob is discorded, there is no effect regardless if you change the skill or not.
    Bard Skill use take the modified skill, so Discordance will be factored at 120 and won't change unless you re-disco the mob.
    For the Mastery Ability, true skill is used for calculations. So 90 real skill + 30 on jewels means your mastery abilities are evaluated at 90 skill not 120. So its the same damage whether you have the jewerly on or not.

Discordance skill effect is halved for mobs with 160 barding difficulty ( I believe but haven't verified)
    Mastery Abilities are NOT affected by barding difficulty.

CorwinXX likes this.
  9. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Oh No Fey slayer instruments I think. (At least I never made any)