1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Get rid of chat in CC - how?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by kokopelli, Dec 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kokopelli

kokopelli Guest

Topic says - please, explain how to turn that **** off. Completely. Forever. Explain for dummies please because I tried to turn off the messages for about 20min now and could not do it.
    The chat window says that I dont have a "current" channel and still the messages keep appearing in lower left corner.
    I dont want any single letter from the chat system appear on me screen. Never again. Please help me, ty.
  2. There are already a ton of threads going regarding this. =/
    As of right now, you can not turn it off permanently.
    You can however, go into a different channel, such as the Ilish chat channel, click leave chat and the problem should be solved till you switch chars or log in again.

If you read some of the other threads, you would see that the chat system is not completely done yet and there will be some tweaks added to the final system when we get the offical publish.
  3. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 19, 2008
    Until the system is live on our home shards (not just TC1) it is very buggy. Most people seem to be able to leave and have it work until next login at which point they need to leave again. Others, sounds like yourself included, are not able to leave the channel. This has been commented on by the devs a few times... Once live and you choose leave the client will remember your choice across all shards and characters until you change that choice. Unfortunately the new chat system that is now live in both clients does not work properly with the old chat system that is still live on all the shards.

For now you may need to join a channel called "No Talking" or "Silence" or make your own to get some peace. A pain, yes, but not the end of the world as it will be a non-issue once the update is complete.

Here is a post from a UO Engineer commenting on this: http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1530698&postcount=17 (Just so you know I am not talking out my hindquarters)
  4. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

May 1, 2000
    Please refer to MULTIPLE threads on the subject.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.