1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Getting ores to NOT stack/ingots dropping on the ground ...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by T_Amon_from_work, Sep 26, 2008.

1. =====
    Sporadic ingot drop ...
    =====
    This is a combination of your weight AND when macro'd, how the piles of large ores are smelted. I use 2D/UOA with a smelt macro that targets by "item type" large ore piles then uses my fire beetle as the forge.

Typically I mine and get overweight (Max carry 537, usually weigh 560 or so before smelting), so if the macro picks a pile of ore that even when smelted would keep me overweight, the ingots drop. If the ore pile chosen is the largest (typically iron) then I will not experience ingot drops.

So the poster(s) who told the OP on the thread that it had to be his weight were right on the money. I thought you were right but had to play a bit to see for myself. Thanks!

=====
    Small ore not stacking
    =====
    Want to see small ores NOT stack? When mining and looking to smelt large or medium valorite ore, I have noticed that these will - if failed often enough - actually create a stack of small ore(s). Okay ... that's fine.

But, watch as you smelt your next pile of large (or medium) valorite ore, if smalls are created from failure ... and did they stack with any previous smalls? Last night when all was said and done, I had 4 small Valorite ores that had NOT stacked - in individual 1-ore piles, but readily did so when I dropped them on my character.

I didn't note it with Verite or anything "lesser". Seemed only to be Valorite.

=====
    Okay, it's boring on the noon-to-midnight shift today. Sue me!

2. pavel.vesely

pavel.vesely Guest

It happens with all ores, which you can fail to smelt. If you smelt one large ore and fail, you will get separate two small ores.

3. miss uo

miss uo Guest

Just manually combine the small piles with another pile of common ore.

4. And that's the point you both seem to have missed. The smalls I had should have combined without me doing anything. They didn't. I had to pick them up and drop them on my character to combine them.

Thing is, I don't recall ores doing that before the last patch or two. <shrug>

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

T'Amon, those small ores from failing on a large have NEVER autostacked with existing small ores, for as long as I've been playing (a couple weeks after AoS was released).

6. Well then, mayhap we should empahsize that this is a long-standing bug and get 'er fixed up! Whatcha think? This is news to me as it's the first miner I've built since AoS.