1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Getting people to switch to EC.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gary Rendol, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Gary Rendol

Gary Rendol Guest

I've been looking and many post reguarding reasons most people wont switch from CC to EC. The main reason seems to be slight interface problems, crashes, small bugs, and art. It seems most CC users would like the EC if it matched the art of CC (not 2d but same art type on paperdoll as in item looks in backpack) and zoom scale issues, had the same backpack interface as CC because the EC one is a bit glitchy in legacy mode, and cleaned up the bugs/crashes. I was wondering if anyone else agreed? I will say my eyes dont get bothered as much in EC now but theres seems to be just a few things that can make a huge difference.

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

They need to fix stairs in the EC to behave like they do in the CC. Both in normal play and in custom design mode.

3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Or just give us the four different pieces of the stairs to work with (in varying directions, etc.). :)

4. Faeryl

Faeryl Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And the rounded and squared corner pieces too! :D

5. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Actually in the EC you can't make the stairs "Invisible" like you can in the CC. Therefore you can't create broken stairs using the EC to make things like a spiral staircase.

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Aye... but if we had the 4 separate pieces of a stair to work with - we could combine them at will through the house menu without having to invis and delete, etc. It would be much easier and allow more creativity.

7. MalagAste

If they did like I've suggested 100's of times and made stairs like roof tiles then we could do 100's of very cool things with them including make a functional stage.

8. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Stretchy grid container FTW. Add that to CC and I might use it again. Better yet add the stretchy 3d Dawn container window to both and dancing. There would have to be many more EC bling added to CC before I'd use it again. Players complain about the golden years of UO and the glitchy crashing bugs of EC. Sounds like EC is already embracing the golden years so come over to the dark side. That is why EC doesn't bother me.

9. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

Mesanna's letter mentioned nothing about the high resolution update. Is it still going to happen?