1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Getting Rid of Debris Stuck to A Galleon

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Tina Small, May 16, 2013.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I can't figure out how to get rid of the debris that is stuck to my Balhae fisher's ship. It's been stuck on there for days. I think it came from a water elemental corpse, but I'm not certain. Might be from a bat corpse instead, considering when it got there and what my fisher's skills were at the time!

Debris on Ship Hull.jpg

I've dry docked the ship and that didn't do a darn thing to the debris. I've pulled the ship up to a pier and tried yanking the debris off, using control-shift to get a handle on it, and that didn't work either. It's driving me nuts seeing it there and I swear it's affecting being able to navigate the ship into shallower water. Almost every time I'm sailing that particular ship along and encounter the lighter blue waters around land masses, the ship stops several tiles before it seems like it should, compared to what I've experienced in the gargoyle ship. I tried doing a search on the subject here, but came up with nothing.

Help!!

2. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

After thinking about it for a while longer, I've come to the conclusion that the debris may have come from Magincia. I did spend quite a bit of time circling the island while trying to raise fishing skill. It is still stuck to the ship as of today.

3. Adol

Adol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I realise this is a week old now, but have you loaded into the Enhanced Client to see if the debris is there too? It's worth having both installed just to cross check oddities like this. If it is, and dry docking still isn't removing it, call in a GM to see if they can delete it for you.

4. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi,

I know this post is a day shy of one year, but this is the exact problem I came here to hopefully find an answer to. I have an empty bag stuck on mine. I am wondering how you were able to remove your debris. Did you have to call a GM? Thank You.

5. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Can you use the bag? If so, you may have a valuable add-on ........ a permanent trash bin. My friend has had an ogre corpse stuck on his ship since day one of High Seas and loves it, for same reason, can put throwaway stuff in the corpse.

6. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That would be nice. I tried, but I can't place anything into it. I guess today I should try dry docking and if that doesn't work call a gm. I've actually been driving the boat facing south or west so I don't see it. :)

7. Malee

Malee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Dry docking worked!

8. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've had a fern stuck to my fishing boat since High Seas came out.. I eventually got used to it after trying everything.. Now it's a pet.

Cephas [V] and azmodanb like this.
  9. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Leaving the galleon in dry dock for 3-4 months seemed to work.