1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Spellweaving] Getting the Spellweaving Scrolls

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Tukaran, May 31, 2009.

1. Tukaran

Tukaran Guest

Hi all,

Just in the process of adding Spellweaving to my mage and need to get hold of all the scrolls. I wan to get them myself rather than buying them.
    Is there a list of which creatures drop which scrolls (as with the necro scrolls) or can you get them off any creature?

All the guides I've come across just say "off monsters" but don't say which ones.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Tukaran

2. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Over time I collected most all mine (x2 except ThunderStorm) in Twisted Wield, mostly from the Changelings and Turning the Cu's over.

I suspect most any mob that was released, in the same publish that gave SpellWeaving.

3. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I had that problem once. The guide says ML monsters, but doesn't say what ML monsters are.

So here is the list:
    Painted caves:
    Troglodytes, Lurg, Grobu
    Twisted Weald:
    Coil, Thrasher, Abscess, Saliva, dryads
    The Citadel:
    Mages, thieves
    Prism of light:
    Not sure, but I assume nearly everything there.
    Sanctuary:
    Nothing that I know of
    Palace of Paroxysmus:
    Putrefier
    Twisted Weald:
    Cu sidhe, anything named, Dryads

I'm not sure about changelings, but I think they might carry scrolls too.

4. Tukaran

Tukaran Guest

Thanks for the replies! I'll go have a venture around and see which ones I can gather :)

Cheers,
    Tukaran

5. uoBuoY

uoBuoY Guest

If you're on Baha, I sell all the scrolls on my vendors for 99gp each. Closest 18x18 to the north entrance to Vesper, right behind the inn.

6. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I forgot the Labyrinth:
    Minotaur, Miasma, Reptalon, Pyre, Rend, named drakes and air elementals.

7. Are any of these dungeons workable for a solo mage?

Thanks.

8. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Probably the easiest for a solo mage would be to kill the Swoop in the same cave you get the Dreadhorn keys. You will need to get the quest from Lord Calendor in Heartwood (he is located on the platform just east of the fletching station). As long as you have positive karma, most things in the area where the Swoop is located will not attack (unless a changling gets lured down). It is weak against energy so just cast EV's and they should take it down.

The other place that shouldn't be that hard is the Trogs in the painted caves. I go there to train melee chars and collect the scrolls as well, but the drop rate is pretty low.