1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Giant space

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Hoody, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Hoody

Hoody Guest

I was just wondering, maybe i missed out on something but, east of vesper on every shard theres a huge space, looks very odd on map, like the woods just suddenly been cut in a perfect square, was this part of an event because i cant remember being there before :/

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Theres are 2 or 3 castle placed on differnt shards on that same spot...no idea how they did it...drachs rings a bell ''fell side'' i think..and catskills ''tram side''??

3. LeBaiton

LeBaiton New Player Protector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Perhaps it'll be part of an upcomming event?...

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Many years ago these were supposed to be for a competition but as far as I remember the plans were never properly followed through.

5. Hoody

Hoody Guest

Strange, i cant recall seeing this space, and ive travelled past this area quite a few times, the odd shape of it on the map means im pretty sure i would have rememberd it.

6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

It's been there a very, very long time - and like you, I didn't notice it, quite literally, for years!

I'd also heard it was land 'put aside' for special events or house placements, but never knew from when, or why.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Like i say there is a castle on that square on some shards...no idea how?

8. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

I vaguely remember a 'win a castle' campaign with the launch of an expansion - AoS? - so maybe they used the space then?

Edit - I'm not meaning the Samurai Empire 'win a castle in Malas' promotion, I've a vague feeling there was another one before that....

And another edit - I was thinking of this part of the 'buddy' program, back in 2002

"The Ultima Onlineā„¢ Bring A Friend To Britannia Program"

"2. Prizes; Winner Selection and Notification. One (1) UO Game Castle on UO Game Shards will be awarded as a prize during each of the 14 weeks of this Program (hereinafter, the "Prize"). UO Castles are in-game real estate and Shards represent in-game locations in which to live. There is no cash value to these prizes"

9. Guest

Guest Guest

MUst have been the latter that makes sense..maybe they were only won on a few shards then the program stopped.