1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gift Boxes that are Rare...

Discussion in 'UO Holiday Trading' started by Scott, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Scott

Scott Certifiable
    Professional Alumni Campaign Benefactor

Ok, I know Mesanna said 8 boxes - Which 8? I've got like 400 of these things and I'm trying to figure out which are rare and which arent. If there are 8 rare hues, does that mean 8 rare hues in each box style - so a total of how many rare hues are we looking for of the new style boxes?

I'd just like us all to unite and get a solid foundation on these bad boys...

Does someone have all 8 with hue colors and pics they'd be willing to post for the rest of us trying to figure it out?

2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

same as last years rare hues.. just new.boxes in the mix... i got the pics somewhere

Scott likes this.
  3. Scott

Scott Certifiable

Problem is that with the new styles - there are slight variations between hues... I can't get EC to patch - so no pincos for me... Need pics of new boxes to help me differentiate between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

You don't need Pincos mate. The hue ID tool is built into the standard client.

5. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

really? where

6. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

wait by standard u ment ec lol

Scott likes this.
  7. Scott

Scott Certifiable

Any help with these - any of these rare???
    multi.jpg

gold....jpg

single checkered.jpg

single wave.jpg

sigil.jpg

8. Scott

Scott Certifiable

I cannot get the client to patch - so i should have said - no EC for me... any other way (without cheating) to get Hue ID from standard 2D client?

9. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Scott likes this.
  10. Scott

Scott Certifiable

I've been through that time and time again - the issue i continue to face is that the color variations are so close - without a Hue ID - i have no idea which once's are real or not- due to the hyper color - i cannot differentiate the styles...

What would be super beneficial is to have a diagram for the 8 hues with the new style gift boxes - i think we should create this...

11. THP

THP Stratics Legend

shame someone could post a piccy of the new boxes in the 8 rare colours...theres also a awesome purple one not listed as rare that looks better than most of the so called rare ones

12. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Maybe some nice person that uses the Enhanced Client can come and get the hue id's for you *hint hint* I'm sure there's someone that would be willing to come to your house and do that for you.

And I agree THP there is one purple one that I like that isn't rare...of course purple is my favorite color lol.

13. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I believe the rare hues (if you have EC and can id the color) are anything over 999.

Here are last year's rare boxes:

Attached Files:

#13 Gem, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  14. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Yes I know all that..but if you don't have the hue #'s you can't tell just by the pictures. Some people have different colors on their monitors so the only way to know is by getting the ID#

Scott likes this.
  15. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper

I believe they are
    2075 (confirmed) (Abyssal)

16. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Okay telling me the numbers does nothing for me...I already know the numbers..I know what they look like from a picture of the old boxes someone posted..that still doesn't tell me if I have any rare ones or not because I cannot get the number off of my own boxes myself...understand?

Here is my box collection:
    [​IMG]

I *THINK* I have a few rare ones in there...but I don't know because I can't get the ID#'s off them...knowing the numbers doesn't help me because I can't see what numbers my own boxes have. The colors might look totally different on your monitor then they do on mine..so the only way to know FOR SURE is to use the hue checker, and as you can see, I can't do that because I play in the classic client so I would need someone that uses the EC to come ID them for me

17. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper

Yes, I understand. I wasn't posting this info solely for you...I was posting to help others.

Which shard? I will id in EC for you. I only see one or two that look likely in your collection. Although I use Classic, I downloaded EC for the sole purpose of iding hues. I just switch clients when I have a prospect. Just pm me when and where.

18. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

I just downloaded the EC.....>.< and my virus software wouldn't let it through...weird huh?

But thanks for the offer, that was very nice :)

And I am pretty sure I have at least 1...maybe 2...the 2-toned blue/pink round one I think...but I will know soon enough...as soon as I figure out where to find the hue id thingy :) lol

19. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper

Go to the "actions" button.

Then scroll left until you get to "other"

Then go down quite aways and you will find id item hue

you can drag the little box to one of the many empty ones on your page

I sure wish they would add this feature to Classic Client cause I really hate EC:)

20. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Okay quick question as I haven't seen this particular hue ID number anywhere...

[​IMG]

Is this a rare one as well?

21. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Yeah thanks I found it! But I seem to remember someone saying all numbers above 999 are rare colors? If that's true then I have a ton...so I'm a bit confused :/

I just ID'd one at number 1284 that's not on the list.

[​IMG]

These are just the first ones I've done.

22. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Anyone? Scott have you gotten anyone to come and ID your boxes? If not gimme a hollar I will.

I also got:
    2127 (that's the color of my one and only Angel Box)
    1196- Olive Haochi pigment
    1173-Emerald Haochi pigment OR Reward Cloth lvl 2
    1169-Yellow Haochi pigment

(not gonna screenshot em all unless someone wants me too but I'm guessing the *Anything above 999* thing is false :)

23. Scott

Scott Certifiable

no one as of yet - i got EC to work now - i just have no clue how to use it... or get to where i can id the colors with it...

24. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

LOL yeah it's not pretty...(sorry Devs I know you past and present have worked hard on it but...>.< I :heart: my CC)

Okay once you're logged in...at the very bottom is a task bar...or whatever you wanna call it..

Click on the one that says actions..it will bring up a little menu...click on the arrows at the top of that box until you get to the*Others* section.

Scroll down until you find the Hue ID Icon, drag that into your hotkey bar and you're good to go!

[​IMG]

25. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper

Ok--posting some that I have. 2075 is a bit dark--I will try to get a better shot of it. Adding more shortly.

Attached Files:

26. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper

Well the above 999 was a theory someone posted in UHall...but Mesanna said only 8 rare colors...

27. THP

THP Stratics Legend

deffo same as last years boxe colours cant see were the confusion is....

28. Scott

Scott Certifiable

The confusion is that the rare boxes of old are all crazy bright and brilliant colors vs. dull colors. This year their predecessors all being very brilliantly colored - without EC, it makes it difficult to determine which are rare (Because no Hue ID). If you notice my pictures above - they are from the 2d client - because 3d does not work for me...(Was able to log into it once and never again since). There are many goldish brown Hue's that look similar and in the 2d client, can easily fool you into thinking it is the rare europa gold box. There are also different color types based on style of box. They might have the same Hue ID, but their looks are dramatically different. (My white box pictured lower vs. @Double Blessed white box pictured first (pulled from this thread off the rares forums).
    http://community.stratics.com/threads/new-holiday-gift-boxes.327387/
    basdf.jpg
    afwd.jpg

Are they the same Hue ID? I dunno, but in the 8 rare boxes from last year - only 1 was brilliant white... So that leads me to think they are the same, just 2 different styles of boxes.

So I initially started this thread to see if we could get all 8 boxes documented in all 3 new styles of boxes - so that I(we) could have a reference to go off of.

Not to mention if you look at the above stated comments - lots of people are confused by the current setup - so I thought we might all get some clarity...

#28 Scott, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    DJAd likes this.
  29. Charels

Charels Journeyman

Is 2722 a rare colour? I can post a picture if necessary.

30. ZozmaLS

ZozmaLS Journeyman

Yes, Charels 2722 is Rare and I have one of the same color. Very nice dark green color.