1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GIL Members, can you help?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Silent Singer, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

I messed up at the IDOC near yew yesterday.

As you all know, I am not much of a pvp player, so while everyone else had their tussle outside, I just stood inside and let people trip over me. Seriously, I don't carry pots or petals or bombs bc I am that hopeless in a fight.

I picked up the two blood tiles, the sash of the royal guard (not replica), a lot of deco (like hanging skeleton), and almost the full suit of dark bone armor laying on the floor downstairs. then I screwed up.

Someone killed Vinnie and I attempted to get his armor for him, revealing in the process. A swarm of GIL rocked me immediately.

I have no problem with that. But I can't shake the frustrated feeling of losing my loot. The blood tiles I had promised to some friends if I could get them, and I just fell in love with the sash because I'm a pixel diva and it struck my fancy. The rest of the items were just things if like.

I will trade heavily to get the items back, especially the blood tiles and sash.

First, here are the GIL Members I remember seeing, hopefully one of you still have the items:

Carrick
    Susie
    Delores
    Malloc
    Maladen
    Queen Mavia

There were a few more but that is all I can remember.

Here is what I have and where I have it:

On Siege:
    Brit galleon with boat paint (unused) and the add on that gives coordinates.
    Chest of sending
    Pen of wisdom (fully charged)
    Two clothing bless deeds
    Ethereal Hiryu
    Vet reward resurrection ankh
    A few minax arties

On Atlantic:
    Tangle
    Several minax arties
    Several doom turn in arties
    Messana Catskills panther
    A 9.6 greater Dragon (awesome resists and 991 hp)

On Legends (intend to move to atlantic):
    Garg despicable quiver
    Chest of sending

The Dragon took me months of checking every GD spot daily, and within two days I got a pair almost identical. In the last 5 months since, haven't seen anything close. The lesser of the two I sold for 100 million, and kept the one above.

As for cross shard trades, one of my guildmates on Atlantic in UWF is Belladonna, who is a long-time member of GIL. I can't remember her GIL toon name, but I just traded her some roses and boxes for her Valentine's presents to you guys, so I know she is still active here as well.

So that's the score. Had fun last night, very memorable, but still disappointed in my lack of siege skills. Trying to redeem my loss of blood tiles for friends, throwing my items at you.

Thanks for reading everyone!

2. Silent Singer

Just remembered I have a house teleport tile on Legends as well (can move to Atl if necessary).

3. Silent Singer

4. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Really? The virtous Gil guild is now killing people at idoc's for deco???

lol I may have to call in the TnT/Pirate troops for some bloody revenge!!! :darkside: :pirate:

Sir Morder and seigebest like this.
  5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Silent Singer is in [B^A] which is an enemy guild to GIL and last night our two guilds did a lot of fighting killing each other.
    And by the time Silent died IIRC it was pretty much chaos so people just took what they could from bodies and moved on.
    We never attack people who are not enemies to us.

Silent, I remember seeing the blood tiles and the red sash last night in a chest in our house at the last IDOC. I don´t think I saw them today when I went to look for the runebook Max was asking for in his thread so don´t know who got them.
    I think the best way for you is to make a post like this on the Gilfane forum. That way more GIL members will see it.

chargar42 likes this.
  6. chargar42

chargar42 Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Trying to sound fair here, we return those to you and you guys return all the rares that were looted from us. :D

Bo Bo, seigebest and Troop_Gil like this.
  7. Troop_Gil

Troop_Gil Journeyman

Is there some kind of rule that prohibits GIL members from PK'ing others?

chargar42 likes this.
  8. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

It was good times last night. Sunday night I was being killed by one group and Monday by another. Lots of laughs both nights and good times. I hope to be part of more of them.

VinnySP and Troop_Gil like this.
  9. seigebest

seigebest Visitor

i just logged in and i am still naked from last night lol but i did not get anything from any of the idocs but if someone has my jewels i will tale them back lol> (Maladen)

10. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This reminds me of good times, listening to Amanda Shade in vent getting killed and sayin "somebody grab my jewels" lol it still cracks me up :)

Sprago, Troop_Gil, Kat and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:) please do.

Troop_Gil likes this.
  12. Silent Singer

Kat it wasn't a pk, it was a free for all at that point. It is true that my guildmates Vinnie and Igg and TRU were mixing it up pretty roughly with GIL. The three of them fought off a virtual army of dragons, rc's, and blue gil folk. In our vent they were actually very complimentary of gil's efforts because it was an hour long (or more) battle.

I was a non combatant, but when I tried to get Vinnie's stuff off his body I took a stupid risk and paid the reward with a ooOoooOo screen.

Very frustrating for me, but still a lot of fun all around. Silent is still lost in the woods somewhere, I just logged in frustration.

To any GIL out there, my offer stands, I've listed anything of value I can trade for those blood tiles. If there is something specific I might have, I'll trade that too. I'll even offer to buy a legacy token straight up to go in available list of goods.

Thanks again for reading, and for a fun night!

Tjalle likes this.
  13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Interesting times.

14. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I was bored and remembered snooping the GIL page at one point in time, so technically speaking :saberduel: it would appear there are rules on PK'ing others. http://www.whitecouncil.org/WCcharter.html, but per Tjalle "Silent Singer is in [B^A] which is an enemy guild to GIL" Just didn't know if Troop was getting ready to go "postal". ;)

Relations With Other Guilds
    • The alliance should maintain a list of their relationships with other major guilds. Each should be classified as Friendly, Neutral, Enemy, War or Unknown. The status of the guild determines the recommended alliance reaction to them in the field. The status of a guild is set and maintained by the Chancellor after consultation with members of the Assembly. If disagreements arise, a representative may ask for a vote to have a guild reclassified.
      • Friendly - The alliance has good or excellent relations with all members of the guild. Should only be attacked in self defence.
      • Neutral - The alliance has a good or reasonable relationship with some of the members, but others may have a reputation for evil acts. Alliance members should take a cautious approach when dealing with this guild. Most members should not be attacked unless they perform a hostile act. Those known for their evil ways and attacks against alliance members may be freely attacked. The alliance should endeavour to maintain a list of the most notorious such individuals.
      • Enemy - The guild is widely known for acts of evil and attacking innocent players and/or alliance members. All members of this guild are guilty by association any may be freely attacked.
      • War - The alliance is currently engaged in a stone war with this guild.
      • Unknown - Interaction with the guild has been insufficient to form a clear idea of their status. Caution should be exercised when dealing with them

15. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

sucks to die and lose your stuff, but that is siege. In your situation you should have thought bout what was more valuable, his armor or the stuff you could lose by dieing. You chose your guild/side, you shouldnt have expected anything less from Gil.
    As for the Gil relations, the Bo is a bit upset that there isnt a special Bo classification.

Kat and Silent Singer like this.
  16. Silent Singer

Bo, you are 100% correct. And the comment about a special category made me crack up. What does the charter for the guild of Bo say?

17. chargar42

Here

I found this quite funny. We had 2 dragons there that kept getting caught on the bugged part of the house that didnt fall. And your guild has "special armor" that dispels all damage from greater dragons... lol

18. Silent Singer

Char, the reference includes rcs and blues as well :) Two dragons yes, and more summons, dead unicorns,and blues hidden in houses than I can count. Not to mention the fact that dragons could be healed in houses completely impervious to the guys out in the open. So I think that is still a fair statement ;)

19. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Well, if Silent Singer has backup, its all good. Anyway, just thought I'd liven things up a bit! Looks like my job here is done. :D

20. chargar42

Oh trust me, there was tons of back up. Also dont forget Damnation and Fearano. And of course Bo needs his own category..lol

#20 chargar42, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    Troop_Gil likes this.
  21. Troop_Gil

Troop_Gil Journeyman

Last time I went postal it didn't work out too well for me. :gee:

22. Silent Singer

If Fean showed up it was after the IDOC, and I was long gone. Mercy on all the living if he did though. Damnation is TRU, was one of the three. I don't think Bo was even online, because he is just as likely to murder us as you (maybe more actually).

Kattasrophe and Bo Bo like this.
  23. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

This thread makes me want to cry or laugh. I haven't decided which yet.

chargar42 likes this.
  24. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Just come back and play instead! :p

Igg A Pie likes this.
  25. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

This is hilarious for the most part.. maybe I should come to a idoc :p

chargar42 likes this.
  26. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

I agree...
    I enjoy the Drama....though

chargar42 likes this.
  27. chargar42

Funny thing is, If this thread had been started by Gil think of the responses...hahaha.

Troop_Gil likes this.
  28. Amanda Shade

Amanda Shade Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Have not logged into stratics in years...my boys ask me if UO is still going. So, I log in and do a search of my name to see if I am remembered...and THIS is the first thing I read. God I loved this game...

See ya all in another 5 years...

29. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

30. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Pimpin aint easy

Bo Bo likes this.