1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Give weapons a face lift

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Speedy Orkit, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Multiple weapons and specials are crappy..

War mace
    War Hammer
    Repeater
    Axe
    Lg Battle axe
    2-Handed Axe
    Crescent Blade
    Halberd
    Bardiche
    Scimitar
    Viking Sword
    Black Staff

etc etc

Far too many weapons aren't useable because they've been made SO slow. Two handed weapons need some love, as well as many of the old school weaps. Also, double strike could really use a bit of love.

2. Konge

Konge Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I'd sign that

3. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

In addition...many weapons just suck. Their base damage does not reflect their speed/specials. I'd love to see someone using a hally/katana combo again, for the big damage and then the interruption...but sadly it is not so. In PvP most of what I see is:

Swords:
    Often
    Bok
    Katana
    Hatchet
    No Dachi
    Diamond Mace
    War Axe
    Comp Bow
    Heavy
    Kryss
    Leaf Blade
    Fork

Some others were more widely used, until conc blow was fooled around with. But now we have 11-15 weapons being used consistently, and there are 86 weapons available. You pretty much see no one using a two hander now unless it:

A) Dismounts
    B) Disarms

Why would they? Nerve strike can do as much as a halberds conc, and far quicker. And why use a war mace when a composite bow swings as fast, at range, and does more damage?