1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Giving away the Zento Community Center

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Skylark SP, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

I am thinking of closing up Skylark's account, which currently owns the Zento Community Center.

[​IMG]

This spot is not accessible from the Zento GZ, but it is a very convenient location, 1.5 screens west of the moongate, and 1 screen north of the town wall. The res ankh is directly in front of the house.

I had not planned to drop this house, but it is pretty clear that I am not going to continue playing UO, so there isn't much point to holding on to it, especially when an active player might have a use for it.

I am not selling it...but I do intend to give it to someone. Obviously, people I know will have preference if they ask for it. I noticed in another thread someone wanted to open a vendor house catering to new folks. That purpose appeals to me, since it is why I made the CC in the first place, but I wanted to give others a chance to speak up if they wanted the spot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't mind leaving the building (which is worth about 750K from what I recall) and most of the deco as-is if the new owner likes it. I'll be banking a few things that are special to me, of course, such as my Ladies Night 2007 event sash. If the intent is to keep it as a public house, I would be willing to leave the dye tub set also.

-Skylark

2. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Oh yeah, the first floor is a sort of mini museum, with PBDs and a few items from former players on display...but the biggest treasure is WyRm's pants, which to this day remain the only item I have ever looted without permission from another player. :D

-Skylark

3. rieley

rieley Guest

That is awesome!!

Please contact me if any of your friends do not take it. I would do my best to make it a place where the whole Siege community had imput.

Great for new players to Siege to really get to know the shard. All the guilds and individual players could add so much.

Think it's possible to have a public building with no PVP inside?

4. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sorry to see you go, Skylark. I know you have been "gone" from the game for awhile, but now that you are giving away the community center......:sad4:
    This is a sad day for all those in need of decorating.

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*sighs* I will miss you more than you know. Few have been more helpful or kind. I hope you will come visit us on the forums often.

6. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

QFT...

7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

I would like to take the house if you will.

Lorddog

8. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Thank you for the good wishes. :)

@Patty & Kelmo: it has been a tough decision (LOL...only taken me nearly 18 months to make it!). I figured since it was long overdue, that giving my beloved Zento house away would give me the necessary push to go ahead and close my 2 main accounts, which have been open continuously since early summer 2004.

A few people have inquired about the house privately. I'll let this go a few days to let more people see it, and will be making a decision in the next week or so, as well as doing a bit of inventory/cleanup in preparation to transferring the house to the new owner.

-Skylark

9. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

*scratches self*

meeb will take dat hut. mabee meeb will get rid ov meeb fleas!!!!

10. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Pffft, you would pee in the fountain, and eat the fish in the aquarium!

-Skylark

11. Patty Pickaxe

plus, his stench would kill all the flowers!!

12. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Yeah, I'd definitely have to run the possibility of Ole Stinky moving in, by the absentee Mayor of Zento. His house is downwind, after all.

-Skylark

13. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

OK...wanting to make a decision on this soon, so if you have an interest in receiving this house, speak up now to be considered!

-Skylark

14. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ladies night 2007, that was a good time. That was like the last big hoorah for siege.

15. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

if you choose me my plans are to keep everything intact as is. I have a second account mainly for storage and I would just place some chests for storage purposes. The decoration and modeling would all be preserved as is and if you ever wanted the place back I can give it back to you.

My other char that was in ladies night is Penny Les Harlet.

Lorddog

16. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

It was good, because we had a lot of participation. There are still some engraved souvenir items in the CC from that event, including a bunch of hot pink arcane boots and stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I still think QZ probably made the most attractive disposable outdoor prison compound UO has ever seen in its 11 years of existence. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My game house has a lot of happy memories for me, that is why I want it to have a new owner who will enjoy & utilize the spot. Castor, and I staged some pretty goofy events around there such as the construction of the First Zento Pieway, and the Mayor's ill fated Kissing Booth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Skylark

17. Patty Pickaxe

Ladies Night 2007!!! Such a good time! I think getting serenaded by Wyrm in the public vent is my favorite memory. Also, that day was the longest I have ever been logged in to UO in one stretch of time- I think I was on for around 5 hours.

18. MagicNinja

MagicNinja Guest

Can I have a dagger =)?

19. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

LOL...even though he wimped out on being a hostage of the pink horde, since he did try to play the Metallica song I asked for, I forgave him for not participating directly in the event in game. :p I have a few short audio clips I saved of his guitar playing & singing that evening.

@MagicNinja: the engraved pink knives were a special souvenir gift to the "boys" who participated in the event either as hostages or raiders trying to liberate them from our vile pink clutches at the prison compound. The girls received engraved pink or spider silk white fans for their souvenir. Otto & Pyrite made extras because we didn't know exactly how many would show up. I never trashed the extras after the event (kept them around initially to deliver to people whose names I wrote down that had to leave the event before we passed them out, then just never disposed of the rest). I really hadn't planned to give any out to those who didn't participate in the event, so they would be special for those that did. Hope you understand. :)

-Skylark

20. Castor

Castor Guest

just for the record, that kissing booth raised a shade over 2million dollars for the zento community.

at 5 dollars a kiss, you can understand how chapped my lips were.

It would not have been so bad if kelmo didnt drop 1 million himself.

21. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

*coughs*

Well since the Mayor is obviously delusional, I guess I don't really need to solicit his opinion on preference for new neighbor before I make my decision. :D

After considering everything, in spite of my fondness for certain smelly orcs, and entrepreneurs that I know would run fine vendor establishments, I have decided to leave the house to Lorddog.

I should be ready to transfer it in the next couple of weeks. :)

-Skylark

22. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

ah ok. let me know about how much empty storage will be on it so I can trim some of my pack-rat loot down. currently I have 1000 items free.

Lorddog

23. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

Sorry to see you going Skylark, but Lord Dog will take excellent care of the community center! Woot!!

24. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present

:) Castor ye lips are always chapped lol

You and Skylark .......... I will always miss ya both and the fun times we had. I still keep my elder statesman/woman parrot birdies your namesakes on me roof wherever my Siege homes are.

Castor...you will always be *my big brother* in UO Siege even ifn ya not around anymore. . fond memories never fade.

Skylark..I still have some of my PINK gm made ladies night out fortress boxes in my trunk in my house........never know when someone get an urge for another out door fort making facility to be used again. :)

25. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

LOL, yeah QZ that is the reason this silly game has been so hard to let go of, because of the people and the fun.

@Lorddog: the house has 1891 storage capacity. Right now there are less than 600 lockdowns free. The BoDs are taking up a couple hundred lockdowns, and there is a lot of junk, mostly plants. When it is cleaned up a bit more, and Patty & Petra have had a chance to take what strikes their fancy, it should probably have at least 1,000 lockdowns free, if not more.

-Skylark

26. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

is it smaller then 18x18? or perhaps that account is not upgraded for the bonus storage?

I think I saw on my house around 2400 available. I will check tonight.

Lorddog

27. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Yes, it is not a large plot so doesn't have max storage unfortunately. 1891 is with the ML 20% bonus.

-Skylark