1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] Gladiators Collar & Sebratis' Book of Memories

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by bokke, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bokke

bokke Guest

Thanks in advance for your prices

2. Both duped, so less than what is shown in Manti's event thread stickied on top.

Sorry, I'm feeling too lazy to go and look it up for you. :D

3. bokke

bokke Guest

Is there anything that is not duped?
    So no point in buying these then?

4. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

There are plenty of things that are not dupped. As soon as you present one on the board, we'll tell ya :)

5. feath

feath Guest

never mind, tomas answered.

6. Halister Marner

Halister Marner Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Many items were duped, aye, some were duped more extensively, the book and the collar were part of one of the more extensive batches, so they tend to filter through here with consistency, which will lower their values from the projected amounts on Manticore's post.

7. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Gladiator's collar is exact same situation as vine cords.. only difference is that a duper has not accidentally let a packy with dozens of them go wild yet.

It's cost is pretty much dependent on how many the dupers have managed to sell so far and it will consistently get lower.

8. feath

feath Guest

if someone offered these to you, then no, they are not a good investment. use your money to buy something with a better resell/collectors value.

9. There is some truth in this, however the collor is such a great pvp item like the vine cords, that it was always retain a pretty good value even if so many are seen around. I for one would love to own one of these.

10. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Incorrect. "So many" increases over time increasing the supply and in turn, lowering the value. A loss of 300-500M gold (without even adjusting for inflation) cannot be considered as retaining good value by any logical measure. That is what happened to the cords even before the infamous packie incident.

11. well maybe my wording is a a bit off
    what i mean is even if they are highly duped, they will always be considered desirable by alot of players

12. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Chance for them to be deleted like Vine Cords tho :)

13. Godiva_DF

Godiva_DF Guest

The Gladiator's collar was a unique item and in the possession of Manticore if I remember correctly? How come it got duped so much?

14. Multi Dwagon

Multi Dwagon Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Godiva, Ask Simon n Blake.

15. Manticore

Manticore Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Before I owned it, Mellisan, one of your fellow shard mate owned it. Then I sold it to IcyRaine. But ya, ask your good friend Simon, he seemed to have come to your aid in the past.

16. mask-z

mask-z Guest

The Question here is : Where Bokke optained theses items... ? If you looking at his previous posts, you will see that it's not first very rares (duped) items that he try to sell.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=96326

...Anyways, i think he have lot of chance with idocs :coco:

17. Could you get a clue before you start spouting off nonsense like you always do?

18. calm down, hes only asking, and hes not accusing manticore.

99% of people know why these items are in mass quantities and if you follow the thread carefully youll find hints of why they are.

19. I know why they are, and for the record, she always has a snide remark to say about Manitcore, Nails or any other big time collector.

20. Godiva_DF

Godiva_DF Guest

I am in a constant fight on Drachenfels against people like Simon, Melissan and Blake, whom you admitted to having "lend" the collar. Still got your icq about that.

I have never accused anybody of duping, I was always trying to sort out, how unique items found their ways to being duped, because they are the only items that can be proven to be duped.

I dont know Nails or any other big time collector and I doubt I have ever made snide remarks about them apart from Manticore, who I contacted regarding the collar, and who admitted to having lend it to Blake, one of DF's biggest dupers, kicked many times but still alive and well.

In my fight against our dupers, last year I had "presents" put in my castle of about 30 of each HOM, inquis, valo hammers, runics and many more. Neither Wilki nor Draconi seemingly could find the culprits, they are all still running around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.