1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Glass Swords of Shattering

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RL'S pker, Oct 31, 2010.

1. RL'S pker

RL'S pker Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Remove them please!

Either remove them, or make it so you can only have one per hour. As is, people just get the sword and one hit kill one person then run and get another.

Lame is the only way to describe it.

2. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

I could think of some other ways... ;)

3. spoonyd

spoonyd Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Made a super cool new gargoyle JUST to use that weap...why? Because it's SO GAY and has NO COUNTER outside of straight disarm.

4. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yet another example of how out of touch Cal is with UO.

5. They need a cool down ,, but in the mean time try using pixies to break them.. I have not tried the shadow images work on them.

6. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

I refuse to base my play style around such stupidity. I won't be playing the shard again until these are REMOVED. Cool down is not going to cut it. There is simply nothing worse than being completely defenseless, especially when you lose everything you have. Dumbest thing I have EVER seen in UO...and that's really saying something. Yet again, way to ruin a good thing...keep up the bad work! :thumbup1:

7. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Doesn't removing the Bleed effect with Bandages end the forced Sleep / Slow Move that Splintering causes? Even worst case scenario your Talking 40% chance to have Splintering go off if they are 120 ninja & using Focus Att. Granted in any sort of Group combat I'd say it's definately nasty for a Mage (Bleed + slow + Can't Bandage) but the weapon only has What 25 Splintering Attacks b4 needing to be FixxeD? Just sit on a para field if your a mage & be lame etc... 1 full scribe myst mage dump... (Exp / plague / Hailstrom / Triggered Bombard) will kill just about any dexxer if they let you get it off......

8. Ls Jax Ls

Ls Jax Ls Visitor

We're referring to the glass swords on Shard of the Dead...not the Sword of Shattered Hopes.

9. Gandie

Gandie Guest

This sword needs to go!

Else whats the thrill of fighting in your best suit, when someone can just one hit kill you and take it.

10. Andy316

Andy316 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Agreed... These swords need to go, and of course imbuing... What's so hard about imbuing a suit? That's not hard........ This isn't even remotely close to classic UO. Whatever happened to hunting.. Now you can just unravel and imbue a suit, on this so called "Classic Shard"

I found a flaw and im not surprised... The server states, "there are no item insurance or blessings". With that being said, the virtue suit is obtainable. So if someone gets the full suit, they'll have a blessed all 70's suit.. FIX IT DEVS!!

11. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Pub 15 before I even look at this shard

12. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sword is a joke...Why bother to even play the shard...Devs you F'd up fix it now before the shard dies hard!

13. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

LOL... Reading comprehension FTL ! = 0

14. Vyal

Vyal Guest

I am the guy you hate, i'm the one who kills with a sword, grabs another sword and kills u again ;)

15. RL'S pker

RL'S pker Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've only died to it once, and only used the sword once.

If I'm fighting and I see a person run up rocking the sword i just bail. There's no point in trying to fight it, and I refuse to use it myself. Thus I wont be logging into the shard again until they are removed. Sucks too, my guild was prolly the first people to farm up enough gold for a house/guild. hehe, we were also prolly the first to be red on there too.

16. Skrag

Skrag Visitor

I can't believe they thought full loot and one-shot kills went well together. That's the most disconnected from reality MMO design decision since Raph Koster and permadeath Jedi in SWG.

17. copycon

copycon Guest

I'm pretty sure this has been said before...

:)

18. ress me plz

ress me plz Guest

Agree

19. Ishamel_Legends

Ishamel_Legends Visitor

Yeah, Its hard to believe how they make these ******** pvp choices over and over. I thought for sure they wouldnt be able to top the protection/cleansing winds combo. Guess they wanted a way for you to kill one of those guys LOL

20. Espilce

Espilce Guest

Devs, if you truly want to know what the player response to this shard would be, then remove the glass swords of shattering!

At the very least put a limit or a timer on the quest.

21. CroakerTnT

CroakerTnT Guest

A limit or timer wouldn't help. All it would mean is that you'd get time to build up a even more super-duper suit before some newbie naked thief glass-swords you and takes it.

Furthermore, even if you could only use it once per character, ever, people would just delete their newbie naked thief and make a new one.

There are so many ways to abuse this item. It should just be removed. It does not encourage pvp, it will simply drive pvp'ers off the shard.

These are really the most bone headed thing I've ever seen added to UO.
    :coco:

They were cool in Ultima IV, but if you knew the bug (and everyone did), you could oneshot all the dragons and it was even used to kill Lord British. That was overpowerd and took away from the fun of the game, but it was a PvE game. Putting such a thing into a PvP game is coo-coo. :coco:

Even if it was limited only to use in PvM, then people would use their newbie naked thief to oneshot the dark father, or dreadhorn, or the stygian dragon, or whatever. Those are supposed to be hard.