1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Glitch with Champs

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Noemi, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Noemi

Noemi Guest

With the recent publish on Origin, whenever a character helps heal the player attacking the champ or discords the champ they have a chance to get a scroll. This means that the character trying to get protection scrolls cannot help the player killing the champ. I do not believe this was the intention of the developers whenever they made the looting rights change. In other facets, it makes sense to give characters looting rights whenever they help. Are protectors supposed to stand at spawns being oblivious to everyone around them in order to get all of the scrolls?

2. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Isn't that mostly what happens, anyway?

3. Noemi

Noemi Guest

Some people use protectors to either help heal the character attacking the champ or discord it.

4. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

LOL - Yeah I figgured this 'healer gets looting rights' was a bad idea. I mean, you can't stop someone from helping you by healing. Run into champ area - throw a heal on someone then hide/stealth out. Get scroll. Interesting.

5. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

wah wah wah

hey that guy ran in and hit our boss with a few arrows then ran and hid
    hey that guy ran in and cast a few heals on me then ran and hid

hey i heal my group all the time and dont get any looting rights
    hey i heal my group and i am protecter and now i dont get scrolls

hey they did xxxx
    hey they didnt do xxxx

its called gameplay and just get use to it

[/rant]

6. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It's not a glitch. I'm sure the devs thought mainly about champs when coming up with this idea.

I just wish the same rules could apply to pvp, so annoying when one person heals the person who is attacking you yet the healer is not flagged on you.

7. J.B.

J.B. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

ugh.... thanks for posting this little piece of information. Please change this devs.

8. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Should separate power scrolls and stat scrolls from this calculation.

9. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This actually sounds a lot like the new EM item drop system they talked about somewhat on these boards.

I also take note of a Twitter message from the Producer saying that healers would really like something in the new Publish.

So basically if you want to get all scrolls, don't use the protector to heal, but surely it'll be good that you can have dedicated healers at all kinds of PvM situations that can get the drops.

Hitherto I've relied upon putting healers in party with me and just splitting the cash from any loot we get.

Personally this sounds like a good change overall, and the Justice Protection has been abused in different ways for years anyway. (Not saying there was anything bad or illegal about these abuses, merely that I found them...well, skeevy.) Everything from "paint for protection" to putting your protector so far from the action that it kills the point of calling him "protection" (or does that not work any longer? either way people sure did it).

So overall this doesn't sound like the new mechanism, if that's what it is as opposed to a bug, broke the Protection system any more than we players have for years!

-Galen's player

10. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Dear devs

I'm a greedy blew and I want all the scrolls for myself.

Please let me get all the scrolls myself and for no one else even though other people help me get them.

11. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yepp, just gameplay. Not a change I like, but, such is life. Just what we have to deal with now *shrugs*

12. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This sucks.... hope they change it, but I doubt they will.

13. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

the Protector's job is well, to protect. That includes guarding from other players and it can also cover Healing. So a protector healing should not hurt the scroll drop. So logically it is unintended right?
    Not a issue for me or most i know since champs can be killed without a healer.

14. Kylie Kinslayer

I am not seeing the problem here. If someone attacks you and are blue, they turn grey. Anyone who heals them also turns grey and are freely attackable, without penatly. Unless of course you are attacking a blue. Then a healer can heal that blue and stay blue. But if that's the case why worry about who is flagged to you anyway? Knock the heck out the other blue too, 'tis just another count is all :p

15. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I agree that those protecting at a spawn should be able to heal while attacking champ. I too always thought of the 'Protector' - protecting at a spawn; mainly by xhealing players and pets attacking the champ.

This is a pretty drastic change to the way champ spawns are completed and kinda' wondering if the devs have experienced what it is like to do a spawn and kill a champion.

That being said, I'm all for healers getting looting rights in all other scenarios. :)

Devs, please don't take scrolls away from protectors xhealing their buds at a spawn. This actually discourages cross-healing and team work!

16. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

yeah that doesn't help in a guardzone. I.E if a blue attacks a red/crim, anyone can heal that blue without flagging on the red/crim.

17. Kylie Kinslayer

Ahhh, I see. That is something that is not right then. The one and only time I had a red he never saw town. Ain't gonna lie he went red from killing sons characters so I could kill him with my sons character for Justice gains. Only PvP I do is when I happen to get raided at a spawn and I try to survive.

I have always thought of the Protector as being the one {or group actually} that would defend the spawn from raids, back when the spawns required a large group to run. These days the Protector seems to be the char with hiding at least, who walks off to a strategic place, hides and waits for the scrolls tho lol

18. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The healing = looting rights thing should be adjusted accordingly,

It should require you to be in party with the person killing the mob

They should also add options to party loot, so that its split as if non-partied players each received looting rights on the same mob. (This would make it easier for group play for some people, that like to drop party during peerless/champ fights) and there would be no need to drop/rebuild parties for multiple runs.

19. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Can't you still evil omen spam?

20. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I asked for this twice, once in a Stratics HOC and once in person at the FFX meet-up. Cal and the existing team have let it stay on the backburner.

21. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That’s not a glitch that’s because reds are always flagged. Its the cost of doing business as a red.