1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gm-120 Tailoring

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Slayvite, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Just wondering if their is a problem with skill gaining in Tailoring.
    I'm at 117.5 and have burned through 6k of leather making Studded Hiro sode's like it says to make in the guides.
    Not one gain apart from the ggs one.
    Even used the Satry discord but again nothing?
    This dont seem right to me as i just finnished my smith yesterday from 118-120 and that only took 2.5 hours.

I'll be hunting more Bulls now for along time as you just can't buy bulk deeds anymore, their allways sold out or daft prices like 100,000 for 500 leather. :sad4:

2. Fink

Fink Guest

Do you have skill points free or skills set to decay?

Try mixing it up and making something else for a while, around 50% success if possible.

3. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

Typical, after i wrote this i went to use up my last 400 hides before hunting.
    Bet you can't guess what happend ??? :D

Yup .1 :bowdown:

Look's like i'd just hit a very expensive wall. Either it's that or it's about 5k leather per gain :hahaha:

4. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

Or buy from a NPC?

You can buy normal leather from a NPC Tanner and hides from a NCP furtrader. They have 500 in stock and renew after 3 or 4 seconds.
    Plus, you can start selling cheap leather on player vendors :)

5. Tuferon

Tuferon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I know that I didn't get there without doing bone armor. Didn't get any gains gains without bone, and better with horned and bone. Once I did that it went pretty normally.

6. Smokin

Smokin Guest

Yeah I made bone armor think it was helms and arms. It gained very steady, some of the guides to me are off.

7. Tuferon

Tuferon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Even tho it uses a lot of resources, chests gained the fastest

8. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

• 117.9-120 = Studded Armour (female) / Studded Sleeves

9. Been so long since I trained my tailor... Sorry...

But as for GG's... Could you not put a bunch of skills in your Soul Stones for the night? the less skill totals you have the higher your GG ratio.

Cheers

10. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

LOL

I'll assume you haven't read my other recent post about just returning and if anyone got my stones as my pad had fell while i was unable to play/pay.

As for stones now, sure i'll get some more once i have a few million gold to buy some fragments. on europa their about 1mill for a fragment and about 10 for a full stone. :D

Things are progressing now, slowly but i am moving again.

One question i will ask while i'm on, Where's the best place to get bones from these days? I used to get them from the shadow wisps near Old Oaks but their don't seem to be many there anymore and skeleton dont drop many (allways thought you should be able to use an axe on their corpses to get bones since they are made from them afterall :spider:

11. BloodstoneGL

BloodstoneGL Guest

Satyr + cloths = win.

12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Shadow wisps for bones right? There is a nice shadow wisp spawn near the Spirituality gate.

13. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Old Haven is heaven for bone collectors - all the bones you want from the zombies there and nothing attacks you except those pesky mongbats :)

I worked up another tailor to 120 several days ago, used about 30k leather getting from 115 to 120 so maybe it was just a bad run? I've noticed that if I have an expensive run to get .1, the next .1 will come soon after as you found out :)

14. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Getting tailor to 120 is a pain -

on the other hand, the addition of the salvage bag a year ago, and the royal circlets in Mondain's legacy, make gaining smith a breeze. With 105 mining (GM +gloves) and a slavage bag, got from 116 to 120 smith in under 4k ingots (most of those being a single ingot lost in recycling each circlet with the salvage bag).

15. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

*Ding ding ding*

Achieved Legendary Tailor late last night :D

My crafting training is now complete, i have maxed all the crafts (untill SA)

Love for the Forums and advice :love::love::love::love::love::love: