1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GM Arrived Within a Couple Hours!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kafka72, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Kafka72

Kafka72 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I paged a GM with the trouble of a Correspondence from Minax scroll being stuck in my backpack. It's been there for awhile but I've never paged about it. So I did and started out as #16 in the queue. It got down to the infamous #6 in the queue and kept on repeating that. Then out of the blue was this weird looking chat from GM Truji asking about my problem. I explained and the GM showed up and deleted the scroll out of my backpack. Thanks GM Truji!!

2. shulginist

shulginist Guest

Can always fill up your inventory to 125/125 then equip a weapon that doesn't have spell channeling and cast a spell. When you do this the weapon will go into your pack and knock out a quest item for you to your feet.

3. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Congrats on getting help. Personally, I still think if we can't ridicule them by name, we shouldn't be able to praise them by name either. The argument/reason has always been , "Because GMs can't come here to defend themselves", well they can't come to say Thank you either. imho

4. Prime.

Prime. Sage
    Stratics Veteran

A few hours?! That's a record! ;)

5. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

As far as I'm aware the rule is, you can't name the GM in a good or bad post, But it's a very badly enforced rule as there are so little praise posts and is only really an issue when it's a complaint.

6. jack flash uk

jack flash uk Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i know we dont agree on much, but this time, 100% agreed:)

7. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

You don't need to defend yourself against a good post, you have to defend yourself against a bad post. The GMs cannot defend themselves. This is why bad posts can't mention them by name.

That said...why are we celebrating waiting hours to get help?

8. Arcus

Arcus Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

^^^^^ Exactly what I came here to say.

9. Because it beats the record of waiting days, duh!

I recall the last genuine issue I actually paged a GM for, I was so fed up (this was about 8 hours after the page), I couldn't get the request to cancel in the que, so I logged out. I actually got an email 13 hours later (the next day) stating that I was unavailable to assist in game therefore my request for assistance was aborted. I don't give a damn how many GMs they have hired, they need to space them out timezone wise. Just rent out a little office space or at least rotate the schedules enough so that GMs are available 24hrs a day/7 days a week. There cannot possibly be an overwhelming amount of requests that they can't manage within a normal working shift.