1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GM Queue Question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Whinemaker, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Whinemaker

Whinemaker Guest

Just curious... does the countdown always get stuck at number 6 in queue (even after the problem's solved) for you guys as well?

2. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yes. Far as I know the countdown doesnt mean anything at all.
    I started at, and have been #11 for over an hour right now.

3. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The GMs aren't required to respond to pages in the order they are placed, and even if they're doing them in order, the position displayed to you usually won't be your actual position.

4. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yep, Flutter, number eleven is where I always am, too! :D

5. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

As bomb stated they are not required to go in order, the Queue is actually a "left over" from the previous paging system where they did go in order, now the pages are displayed by importance and the gms then scan through them to see what is more important in the already sorted list, that is more or less how it works now and they were/are suppose to remove the queue message if memory serves me right.

6. Whinemaker

Whinemaker Guest

Really is that how it works...

Mine always (as in ALL THE TIME) goes down from whatever number to 6 and it stays there until they send me the email saying the issue has been resolved blah blah blah. It's just annoying because I would be at say, number 11, and it always took them forever to get it down to 10, and then when I thought it was safe to go out and do a champ or a peerless because at that rate it would take at least another hour for them to get the countdown to 0, but right when the queue hits 6 (and that's usually half-way over whatever I was fighting) they would show up and ask, "you said you had a problem with your house?"

If they're not doing it in the order of the queue or if it's not displaying properly, perhaps it's better to just have it removed altogether?

BTW how did you guys know how the GM's work lol.

7. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

There has been an FoF I think that covered how the gms handle things, and maybe a post on stratics too. I've also sent ea countless hate mail involving the gms so they always have to justify things lol. All in all they stay consistent with what they say, they changed the system and the "Queue" is left over from the previous system, I have no idea how it counts down tho since its not even being used.

8. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

In the Early Days, the GM queue would display and count down correctly. Well, I made a 6-year break from UO, and when I returned the queue was totally messed up. It even happened that I jumped from 16 to 5 and back to 8 again. I think the queue isn't displayed correctly.