1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GM retirement home?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Drakelord, Sep 25, 2008.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]

I keep seeing this place everytime I run thru the ant nest.

2. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

wasnt that there from the time they were testing the housing changes?? like almost a year or more ago now? im not sure but i believe there was another one over at the north west corner too for a while.

3. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

Looks like someone placed a small house with patio in Green Acres.

4. Luna [MoD]

Luna [MoD] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Looks like the old 2D Client Bug.
    Some Month ago in Wind i see the same (L Shape) in the Green Acres far away from my regular Housing Radar Map.
    After relogging the House was away.
    Im sure that its only the old Client glitch when you change Shards,Facets,Accs because you are too far away on the Pic that you could get the House in your Radarmap.
    The same with flying Plots/Houses inUmbra , Plots/Houses in Ishenar and and and.

5. kittykat

kittykat Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

nope, it's really there (Sonoma shard) - you see it when you first come in through the ant hole (wondered about it myself - if it's something just on Sonoma or other shards as well...)

6. Yep, I see it every day when I go kill antlions in that nest, or when running the translocation powder quest.

7. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Isn't this the hole you drop into a bunch of Ratmen? I accidently took the wrong entrance once and they beat the living daylight out of me. Never been there since. I don't even know if there's a connections to the Solen Hive.

8. No ratmen here.

9. falseprophet

falseprophet Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There is a hole in the ice dungeon that has a bunch of ratmen in it, that will glady pound your noggin.

10. Nenime

Nenime Guest

They must already have since I seem to be totally wrong. Sorry then for this complete useless input. :D

11. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's there on Baja as well.

Oriana

12. Nystul

Nystul Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

this was already answered recently with a dev response...

13. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

And the response was...?

14. WWGRD?

WWGRD? Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Before advanced character tokens, GM's used to pick up your char and take them to green acres, to a building and do your skills manually. Idk if it still exists, that was 5? years ago. If you got a fun GM, they'd let you run around a bit.

15. Nenime

Nenime Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I accidentally found this hole again I was talking about. It is right next to the entrance near Minoc. On the image under the spider net (mouse pointer). When you step on it you fall into a swampy ratman's cave. Me and my Greater Dragon were down in a few seconds. I wandered a bit around but there seem to be no connection to the Hive.

This isn't the place you meant, Drakelord, but I'm still curious about it. Is it a leftover from a past event?

16. Must be a leftover, Its not on Baja. That tree that the web is connected to isnt even there. What shard is that on?

17. Nenime

Nenime Guest

Drachenfels

18. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

holy cow, I had forgotten all about that.... the funny bit was watching your numbers.... but I guess I didn't get a fun GM, cause I didn't get to run around:D

19. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

that's where they keep the real UO.

20. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

oh yeah... when you had to "step through the gate"? the GM's were cool. they'd be like: "Do you wish to become a Treasure Hunter? Step through the gate."

baller...

21. I don't think thats it. I did that a LONG time ago and here is a screenshot
    from 2003

[​IMG]

22. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I did the adv. char back right before it became tokens and they took me to the Jail to do it. got screens but not on this comp. I remember cuz when they grabbed me I thought i was in trouble hehe.

I want to say that the house drake is seeing was used by Jade in an event. was something to do with a murder and we fought savages in ilsh before stopping at the house in green acres