1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GM Tracking the same as 21.1 tracking?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by krescent, Jul 21, 2009.

1. krescent

krescent Guest

I read a new player guide that said tracking at skill at 21.1 is the same as GM tracking...

is this outdated? as i've noticed some people on the boards training tracking very high.

I've also noticed that even at 40 tracking, when I choose "animals" to track, there is only one button to click--even with multiple animals around---and doesn't tell me the name of what I'm tracking..is this normal?

Thanks!

-s

2. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yes- that is normal- animal, monster, etc. I carry gm tracking when I carry it for increased chance (it is better) and also for more damage.

3. krescent

krescent Guest

no that's not what I mean..for instance

I click the tracking button, then I click players: it gives me a list of available nearby players to track.

I click the tracking button, then I click animals: it gives me one selection that has NO name attatched to it, so I dont know what animal i'm tracking at all--kind of useless. is there a way to fix this?

4. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I believe that it just tracks whatever is available.

5. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Which client? KR shows no names.

6. Reximus

Reximus Guest

There was a time when you could track any player with just 20.1 tracking regardless of their hiding/stealth/whatever skill, I don't believe that is the case anymore.

7. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i have 120 stealth and 80 hiding. people with human 20 track me all the time. generally no problems. reaaaaaly sucks.

8. Robthemilt

Robthemilt Guest

My maxed out thief will still get caught with JOAT tracking. But it does take a few tries normally.