1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GMs, Yeti, or Lockness Monster?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DVDA, Sep 2, 2009.

1. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Which Actually Exists?

I bring up the question because, I was at my house in Fel the other day and my friend came to visit. In my home I made a GM out of red & yellow bandages, yarn, black items and well placed fish steaks...

My friend looks at it and goes "what is that?" to which I reply "A GM" and he replies "GMs wear red colored EM robes?"

Now my friend has been playing for about 4 years now and he has never seen a GM. This made me think of the last time I saw a GM and i remembered....it was 1 day at West Brit Bank, I paged cause I had a problem and a Counselor appeared, he couldnt help me so he called a GM and the GM showed up.

So based on the fact that I was speaking to a Counselor & a GM what year must this have been?

Also, when was the last time you guys have ecountered a GM?

2. Fink

Fink Guest

I have a friend who swears he saw "Nessie" a few months ago in game.

As for GM's, I had a list in my profile (which was recently eaten by the "Enhanced" client :cursing:) that I'd kept since I started.. a list of gm's I'd dealt with in person. The list hadn't been updated in 4 years or more because they stopped making house calls.

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I saw a GM a month or two ago when paging on a scripter.. they evidently don't wear the colored robes much anymore. This person popped into visibility dressed in a death robe.

4. Fink

Fink Guest

I've seen the grey shroud look before.

I think that's what they look like when they're visible only to the person who paged.

5. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Or he was invisible to everyone but you

6. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

About 6 months ago. Paged on a BOT and a GM actually showed up visible and whisked him away to never never land.

7. Correct Answer: None of the above. All three have been attributed to swamp gas. :D

8. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They still have their colored robes, its just this GM made an unfortunate stop in fel before taking your page.

9. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ROTFLMAO!!! OMG, I think I might pee my pants from laughing so hard!!!

fyi: its loch not lock....Don't ask me why something to do with Celtic I think. Scotsmen are kinda cute but hard to understand :D lol

Seriously I think GMs are like Obi Wan Kenobi in Stars Wars..."Oh, their not dead....not yet anyway."

I seen a GM before back in 2003 came to my UO house ...I believe his name was GM Oberon!!

10. Vertigo

Vertigo Guest

I saw a GM today. I needed help with some things stuck under my stairs/foundation of my house that I decided to resize. Showed up less than 10 minutes after paging and retrived my belongings. Impressive indeed.

11. jaraxlebaenrae

jaraxlebaenrae Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I remember snooping ones pack back in 2002 or so....had a few cool things in there.

12. Merik

Merik Guest

Nessie lives on Chesapeake in our fairgrounds.

[​IMG]

13. Fink

Fink Guest

This one was actually named Nessie, apparently. Maybe it was from an event?

14. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Last time I saw a GM was 2003. I was on Siege and my char got 'blackholed'.
    I think I paged on another shard and I got a GM who said "Why didn't you log on with another Siege character?"...........

Anyway he eventually after several tries rescued my very red bowcrafter/archer and teleported me to an inn in Britain......

This doesn't top the efforts of a counsellor to get me out of Kos Heb in the pre-Ren days. The two of us running around screaming getting hounded by snow eles was quite a sight.

Come to think of it I saw a GM at the Great Fall, was that before or after 2003?

15. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

Loch is Scottish word for a lake. Hence, the lochness monster.

16. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

As far as I can tell...

The Loch Ness Monster has more or less been proved to not exist.

The Yeti still open to question.

GMs seem to be extinct. Their role has been taken over by an answering machine.

17. MiNi MaGi

MiNi MaGi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

well done!

18. :thumbsup:

19. lucksi

lucksi Guest

I am playing since 2000 and have never seen a GM. I have never had one called on me (except by myself and even then no-one showed up).

The only GM like person I saw, was when I was brandnew to the game and someone showed up out of nowhere and helped me get into the game. You could even rate those people back then.

20. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You're right about that. It's the coolness of appearing to only one player option. rofl

21. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

That is sorta unbelievable. Seriously, you guys should have been here when all the diff volunteer groups were all over the place. There might have been 5 coun, 2-3 seers, 3 companions and a gm or 2 on any shard on any night. Counting SR folks it was a big party. Plus, you missed our Jail, and green acres. We had a vol once had a freaking house in green acres. Seriously, it was so big he actually lived there for a long time and no one knew. The best area was the seers area. Man that place rocked. If i could post pics you wouldn't even believe how it was. They'd be in their creating stuff, and killing it. We even had a shard...

22. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I finished a book called "The Loch" by Steve Alten. While it was a fiction novel, it gave a plausible explanation for what it might be, if something did actually exist. It really was fantastic and I enjoyed the book thoroughly.

http://www.theloch.com/reviews.htm