1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GM's?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kage, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I find people all the time on Siege Perilous doing illegal things.

I normally page under physical harassment and target complaint etc. Am I paging under the wrong thing?

Because nothing ever happens to the unattended player.

And I always come back and they are still there day after day no matter how many times I have paged...

Are you guys on a shortage of Gm's? Back in the day you could always get a Game master to come and speak with you... I have not seen one in forever...

2. Bardie

Bardie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

they don't exist...well i take that back the 2 that do exist are out back on a smoke break

3. ShaunOfPac

ShaunOfPac Guest

Chances are the GM asked if they were there, and they responded. And even if they werent there, how are they harming you? I don't get people who cry "Unattended Macroer", to me they all seem like whiny little social rejects.

4. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ghost cams come into my mind ...

5. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

99% of the time if somone defends an "Unattended Macroer" they are one of the unattended... ;)

6. Ken of Napa

Stratics Veteran

98.5% of the time when someone quotes percentages, they're making them up ;)

7. The nice thing is that on Siege you can kill them and take their stuff.

:)

8. /signed.
    They have nothing more to do than worry abut the next player.

9. ShaunOfPac

ShaunOfPac Guest

Or someone who has actually been near the computer and had to speak with more GM's than he can count because of whiny shmucks :)

10. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

they are harming me when they farm monsters all day unattended allowing more gold to be put into the game and screwing over the economy even more

11. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Don't bother shaun knows all :) after all he has cool tats! :lick:

12. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

it seems like alot of the "GMs" are bots. Guess bots stick together.

13. RenaLynne

RenaLynne Guest

A GM will not show up unless you use the function other(my issue/problem requires in game assistance). This is something Ive learned in the past few days.

14. Eslake

Eslake Guest

Haven't I seen you post before that someone who doesn't want to be involved with other players should play a single player game? ;)

The whole point of a multiplayer game is that what others do effects you in some way. Cheating (scripting, looping, exploiting a bug, it doesn't matter) effects others in a negative way, and should be reported.

15. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

hahaha Too True! and usually they have good stuff too.

16. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I ignore the postings of all players that are Self Proclaimed Legends of anything...and the Tat dude is bigger than the one in soldier pic, but I"ll leave it at that...

17. Zoran

Zoran Guest

Usually if I see someone macroing unattended I ignore them unless they are;

A) Someone I dont like.
    --In which case I never wait around to see what happens anyway.
    or,
    B) Dumb enough to do it at Painted Caves Fel.
    --In which case im taking a murder count.

Truthfully? They know the risk, they took it. It doesnt matter what anyone says they did something wrong, not you for paging on them. I'm sure a lot do get away with it, but a few also have gotten caught at this. There are people I have talked to in game who have spoke of bannings and perma bans, so it does happen.

UO just simply isnt enough of a 'cash cow' anymore to keep GM's going 24/7. A long time ago you could be number 70 in line just to speak to a 'counselor' who MIGHT then call a GM. Now, you may only be numer 7 to 14 in line, but dont expect a robed figure to appear and kick it with you.

And lastly, with our ever dwindling amount of players, do you think EA or mystic or whatever is in any big hurry to ban more monthly-paying accounts? If they are- THEN we should worry. Peace.
    ~Zoran

18. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Oh, the irony... :D

And donĀ“t worry GarthGrey, this is nothing negative about your post. I think some Siegers might know what I mean...

19. Kaleb

Kaleb Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

How would a GM's unattended Script know if someone is unattended scripting? I dont get you all sometimes.

20. Silly Seadog

Stratics Veteran It's My Birthday

Arrr, they ping each other!

21. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Speaking from experience? ;)

22. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Plenty of time to post on the forums eh? I guess nothing better to do when u can't leave your house ;)

23. Mechanic

Mechanic Guest

he has a really cool avatar too, and his sig is, well, I can't ask and I don't think it would be prudent for him to tell.

24. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

dude... stop paging. are they hurting you? do you enjoy being ignored by EA? stop wasting your time and let them do their "illegal things". what's the point in doing otherwise?

i see people sitting in their houses all the time casting the same spell over and over again... go back 5 hours later and, strangely enough, they are casting a different spell from the next tier...

are they hurting me? no. if i page, will a GM come? no. so, why bother?

sheesh...

if you don't macro, you don't play UO. you might have the game and look at it sometimes, but you don't play UO.

how do you know what they are doing is illegal anyway? maybe, like many people, they are sitting there with a coffee and a david eddings book pushing a button every few seconds to train?!?!?

have you not learned how to do this and do you not know that it is LEGAL?

25. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Ghost cams are legal, especially if they are unattended and monitored by illegal third party proggies. At least it looks like, since I have yet to see a guild using them having problems.

26. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Do you have a clue on what I am talking about? No. Did I say what the person was doing or even name the person? No.

Is my post hurting you??? No. Will it make me stop asking about Game Masters? No.

So why bother ? Sheesh.