1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GOBs newly invented singing competition: GOB IDOL!

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Scrumpy Jack, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Scrumpy Jack

Scrumpy Jack Guest

Ello you lot!

I haven't been around here for a while. My useless nephew thought it would be a brilliant idea to pay a visit to Auntie Trixi. Let me tell you, if you never met Auntie Trixi, you don't know to what extenses passive aggressiveness and vile snorting can go! Anyway ...

So now I am back, and the first thing I hear is that Xora added a new song to her already very impressive repertoire. Now that is worth staying away for! I found her little ditty rather charming, one of her more jolly ones, and it got me thinking. It is quite a while since our lands have seen a singing contest, I thought. Why not organise one ourselves, since nobody else cares for it. Why not put the challenge out there to out-do Xora! She would certainly not enjoy having to face competition and this could be a far to good show to miss!

Therefore I propose a singing and maybe story-telling contest where all the people of Europa can compete for the ultimate prize that GOB can award: a bag full of dates and pizzas!!!! And I might even throw in a pitcher of cider ... and perform a song myself!

So, what you people think? Anybody interested? Anybody knows a good location for that? Maybe an inn with a stage? Come on ... do I have to do ALL the thinking here?

*holds head in pain*

Yours fearfully
    Scrumpy

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I dunno 'bout that.

Fer anybody wot's curious 'ere's wot 'appened wen mi last song got recorded by a proper band.

Old Minoc Fair

3. *Dies of embarrassment*

4. Fluffi

Fluffi Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oooooh!

Singing!

Folk songs and suchlike! I can do that.

to the tune of Magic Moments, by Perry Como....

It wasn't the grass,
    That tickled her.......

Uhmmmmm. I think I'd better stop before I get shouted at. [​IMG]

5. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master

Loving it!!! Shame we can't play it in UO, this would make GOB a fortune!!!

*grins*

6. Guest

Guest Guest

For those of you who were unfortunate enough to be at Scara docks just before the Caravan left for Brit, you may have heard Scrumpy Jack (GM of Guild of Beggars) singing this tortured song.

Caravan to Brit

The drunken Elves have been at it agian [​IMG]

7. And their sound engineer has just re-mixed it being slightly less drunk this morning [​IMG]

8. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master

Woah ... brilliant interpretation! I think you really made it your own. There were a few pitch problems in the beginning ... and in the middle ... and in the end. But you look lov ... errr ... too much watching Paula Abdul on "American Idol" here I'm afraid. Sorry for that!

Love it. And thanks for smoothing Scrumpys lyrics out quite a lot. He is a lousy song-writer *grins*