1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gold Brokers!

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Birdseye, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Birdseye

Birdseye Guest

Just thought i would mention this article from the New York Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/17/ma...pagewanted=all

I seriously hope none of you guys are involved in this kind of 'farming'. And i can't believe that it is allowed to happen. It borders on slavery.

PS. Does anyone know who (edited out!), and her allias are? There is something real dodgey about them. Dressed the same in Dakwood armour, and with a the same Soul'weaver' sword.

2. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The link isn't working for me

3. Birdseye

Birdseye Guest

Yeah, strange, it's just stopped for me as well!

Type in gold farming in the search box though.

4. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

5. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

PM me to confirm, but if you're talking about who I think you are, there's three of them and they do painted caves, ice dungeon etc. They used to do fel, but they don't anymore. Such a shame that I can't manage lurg and co all at once and have to run out :)

6. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You and i are a part of the problem Birdy! We are so lazy we dont want to go and kill spawn for gold. So what do we do...we buy it.

I have been a uo player for 8-9 years now most of the doing PvM. Now we (me & u birdy) are PvP and we no longer have an interest in PvM gold farming has become a chore. Its people like us that keep the system going. But to be fair we are helping feed the poor :gee:

7. John II SRC

John II SRC Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There is one in the Dojo lately as well. That char is there day and night, killing fan dancers and taking their gold. Won't respond when talking to of course ....

8. Birdseye

Birdseye Guest

It may be classed as an illegal action, but i saw someone put quite a few bagballs down on the floor whilst they were in Fel Painted Caves, and then killed both of them.:lie:

But even then with those darkwood armours on, they were difficult to kill! :gee:

Apparently :owned:

9. Zero

Zero Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

could that be the longest article ever? im into this game and i couldnt even bother to read it all.

*not wanting to downplay the content*