1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gold drops?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cazador, Jan 15, 2014.

1. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Which monster drop the most gold you've seen..other than boss monsters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I think hiryus drop around 1600 gp each, if I recall correctly. The Hunter's Guide says they drop between 1500-1900 gp.

Yamandons apparently drop 2000-2500 gold each.

You might try using the Hunter's Guide advanced search feature and look for stuff that has level 5 fame and level 5 karma, or level 5 fame and level 5 negative karma and then check all the results. http://uo.stratics.com/database/search.php?db_content=hunters

#2 Tina Small, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    Tamais and cazador like this.
  3. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

does it matter nobody ever picks it up now.....its a new players dream somethng like the last invasions

4. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Best thing to kill for gold is probably Miasma's. Scorpion slayer weapon or book and it's fairly simple from there. Not to mention you can loot the t-chests (lvl 6 maps inside) for a t-hunter or just trash it unopened for turn-in pts. Each chest averages about 1200-1400 points. Minor arties drop as well. And it's a pretty decent respawn rate.

Tamais and cazador like this.
  5. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ty for your quick reply tina

6. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

How is the re spawn rate?

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Yep - use the advanced search feature on the top left - but once on the advanced search page - scroll to the bottom and look for the "Sort by" drop-down menu and select Gold.

The top two are: Stygian Dragon and Dreadhorn at 8,000 to 10,000 gold.

The highest "non-boss" is: Guile, Spite and Irk at 2,800 to 3,200 gold.

The highest "not special named" seems to be:

Renegade Changeling from the Ilshenar Level 7 T-map at 2,800 to 3,000.
    Leviathan from throwing a fabled fishing net at 2,600 to 3,000.
    Yamandon (Tokuno several places) at 2,000 to 2,500.

If you are looking for a fast gold-farming area, I like to grab a spider slayer and hit the spider-area in the Dreadhorn Dungeon with Lady Lissith and Lady Sabrix. It's a fast respawn with both spiders giving 2,000 to 2,600 gold per kill.

#7 Tazar, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    Tamais, cazador and Tina Small like this.
  8. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Undead Gargoyles in the Tomb of Kings are an easy kill and have 1100-1200 gold.

Tamais and yars like this.
  9. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Not true at all! I always loot the gold on my kills, even mongbats most of the time!

Lorddog, kaio, Tamais and 2 others like this.
  10. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

almost instant

cazador likes this.
  11. Katrena

Katrena Sage

Tazar, Would you share your technique on how to stay alive in the Dread Horn Dungeon killing the two named spiders. I can kill any one of the named Spiders or Changelings, but the constant spawn of the three named Changelings is death to me.

Thanks, Katrena

12. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I play a mage on Atlantic so generally I am pre-casting explosion then hitting with a flamestrike. With good SDI and a spider-slayer Sabrix and Lissith are almost 1-hit kills with a flamestrike.

It is difficult on Atlantic some times due to others running through stirring up the mobs - but generally I can just run in and go all the way to the southern tip of the swamp area and Irk, Guile and Spite will follow me down. I then invis and run back up to the spider area.

I also generally drop a few Lissith Silk and Sabrix eyes just west of the spider area so that if anyone is farming keys they can grab them without dragging other monsters into the area where I am fighting.

#12 Tazar, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    Tamais and Lord Nabin like this.
  13. Lord Nabin

Lord Nabin High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Glorious Lord ACW

I always grab the Gold. It helps off set the cost of the Good Old Moonglow Red!:beer:

#13 Lord Nabin, Jan 15, 2014
    pumpkin_escobar and Tamais like this.
  14. THP

THP Stratics Legend

wow....last town invasion there must have a thousands left every time..on my shard anyways..[just a observation - i think many others said the same too].... like i said was a youngs dream...just came and cleaned up what the vets had left to rot

15. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

I only checked out the town invasions once.

16. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

By definition town invasions are a poor indicator of what goes on normally.

Why is this? Because town invasions by definition are not normal. They are invasions. There's kinda something else going on besides getting gold.

And aside from that, there's the fact that if your shard is populated the gold spawn on any given corpse is going to be split between several players and thus, while the overall gold level might be good, your individual corpse's gold level is not likely to.

This is a very different situation from out hunting, by one's self or with a group, for the specific purpose of looting the gold.

Whether or not people loot gold during the invasions is not a good indicator, at all, of whether or not people loot gold under normal conditions.

I think it's safe to say that many people habitually loot the gold from many of their kills, playing under most conditions.

As to the actual question raised by the post: It occurs to me that I've never looked at the actual gold level so much as the spawn rate and the gold level in conjunction. If a monster gave 5k gold but only spawned infrequently it wouldn't be a good gold farming monster. Which is why the specific question posed is proving so difficult to answer. The biggest gold spawn on an individual creature I think is likely to be something that few people kill solely for the gold.

-Galen's player

#16 GalenKnighthawke, Jan 15, 2014
  17. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Also depends on your template. Miasmas yield the most gold the quickest for my sampire - to kill miasmas faster was the original reason I made a sampire, to farm maps for my thunter, but then noticed the sampire was also pulling in 250k in gold in an hour

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

18. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Comes down to those that have to drag loot or right click loot recovery system.

The best bang for your buck is the gargoyle explorer quest. During the hunt your collecting gold, leathers, curator quest items and some imbuing mats. Then there is the bag of goodies at the end with 4k+ gold, imbuing mats and chance at a rare book to add to your set. During the hunt there are the rare gear drops.

19. Voodoo Bad Mojo

Voodoo Bad Mojo Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 4H

ive got a sweet honey spot that i use to milk when i need to make gold fast.
    but im reluctant to share it.

not because im greedy, but rather i fear that the day after i share it ill find a warrior in a Darkwood suit with a generic ladies name sitting there on every shard in game.
    i wouldnt mind this of course..... as long as they are there.....

(and.... begin)

20. THP

THP Stratics Legend

and this would happen!!....u only need to look back at the l33t pickaxe spawn...and of late the new Blackthorn dungeon..nvermind the usual miners that have been doing it AFK for a decade

21. kaio

kaio Sage
    Stratics Veteran

hehe glad im not the only one :)
    I loot everything, even when i pvp, i loot their bandages even thou i play a mage :)
    Nothing beats, dropping off bandages, potions, and apples after a long day of pvp'ing.
    I live for the loot, and i love it :)

22. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

When it comes to gold farming t maps can rake in the cash quick if you are good at them I like the farie dragon abyss mini sawn 1500+ a kill a dragon slayer makes short work of them

pumpkin_escobar likes this.
  23. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

True, fairie dragons, if you like negative karma

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

pumpkin_escobar likes this.