1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Fishing] Golden Tuna

Discussion in 'UO Fishing and Treasure Hunting' started by Bman, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Bman

Bman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Been working on trying to catch all the Rare fish now that I have reached 120 fishing skill... The last 2 days I have been out trying for the Golden Tuna.. I know its posted that one was caught in Tokuno by Jimmy Buffet on Origin, but was that caught in deep water, shallow water, on inshore?

I have gone through 400 golden Tuna baits fishing in deep water and have only caught Giant Koi and the Samuria Fish.

Any help is appreciated.. thanks!

2. Mr Bug

Mr Bug Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Golden Tuna is caught in Tokuno deep water and I caught both giant samurai fish and golden tuna prior to 120 fishing. Never caught one using the actual bait but I had better luck catching them using the endless Koi baits to just chum for any rare fish. But not very common either of those fish. Hope that helps. Good Luck

Lord Aphid/ The Albatross LS

3. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Just a question... Where did you get the idea that you had to wait for 120 skill before trying for the rare fish? I've noticed many posts which assume this. Have I missed something here? Am I wasting my time going for a Golden Tuna at 115 skill?

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I believe I've seen a post somewhere claiming a golden caught at 108, so no. Some rares can only be caught at 120, but ones like the two barracuda, holy mackeral, autumndragonfish and firefish can be caught from just over 80 I believe.

5. Doubleplay

Doubleplay Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ok, I guess a list can be made here. I caught the following fish between 100 and 115 skill: (not on Siege)

Great Barracuda, Summer Dragonfish, Unicorn Fish, Crystal Fish, Holy Mackerel, Yellowtail Barracuda, Reaper Fish, Giant Koi, Bull Fish, Lava Fish, Fire Fish, Fairy Salmon, Autum Dragonfish, Stone Crab, Spider Crab, Blue Lobster.