1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Golem Showdown April 25th, 7:30 PM EDT

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by IanJames, Apr 17, 2009.

1. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

2. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Muahahahahaha. I have lots of golem parts for sale to the highest bidder if anyone wants them!!! I knew saving that stuff would pay off some day!!!

Kidding, but if anyone needs some let me know...sounds like fun, hopefully I'll join in!

Not fully sure how golems work but could we do a low level fight if some NEW are interested and/or can GM tinkers give golems to low level tinkers that are as effective?

3. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I believe they can be transferred to anyone but need a certain level of tinkering to repair. . .

4. Bruin

Bruin Guest

It shall be a fight to the death!!!!

(If your golem dies you die right?)

Are we going to repair them or just let them fight without interference?

5. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Rules are still up in the air right now. But repairs will be between matches, not during.

Hoping Spree, QZ and Kelmo can answer your questions on this, I'm about to go out of town on vacation and I'll be back on Friday. . .

6. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

In order for everyone's pet golem to be as equal as they can be from the start, tis best if all of them are tinkered up by the shard's various gm tinkers, then given to the players as their pets, to whomever all are wishing to enter the golem fights, with their new pet golems. :)

Fights can be like duel pit fights held for players, ie golem a verses golem b fight to the death in an arena. *no repairs* one ends up a huge chunk of heavy metal dead in the fight pit. Then that winner gets repaired and takes on a new contender fights to the death *rinse repeat* till one is the victor over all of em.

OR............golem chaos all of em in a duel pit, their *controller* or pet owner targets a golem with their golem ie orders it to fight kill one other golem as does everyone pick a golem for their golem to fight kill...as one dies then another the ones left standing go fight another one...most of them be lower in health end up being ganked by two on it instead of one...no repairs they just keep on going till..............one is left standing.

Their owners in theory won't die if not standing all in with them in the pit...just ordering em to fight from some few tiles away...in theory should not effect the golem owner...just lots of chunks of heavy metal fighting all of each other till they all DEAD but one last one to stand or go down as the victor over all the others.

Course if the controller of said golem turns their pet GREEN to their self..............well can be fatal cuz it's fighting enemy will see YOU the human as next peg to take down being same green hue as your golem was you be it's next target, if memory serves. Otherwise if we just stand a bit further from the golems and not green em as pets to guard on us ...we get to live unscathed if memory serves. :)

All sorts of comical things can occur depending on how ya set it up...including possibly having other golems as non contenders just there for um.........comic crowd control over the controllers of the golems. :)

Just fun to have golem fights ...sort of a heavy metal event. . lotsa Iron Maidens and Iron Butterflys ... we should have *heavy metal* music to go with it all. HAHA

Lord they make a mess when they are so much junk metal in heaps on the pit floor ! :) Not like they decay up real fast either. :)

Miranda is a gm tinker...if I can be on here on Siege next fri I will help yall tinker up golems for the masses if we got the parts...and I have lotsa plain iron ingots to help donate too... we will need bronze also for their assembling, but I only a couple parts of clockwork assemblies and pwr crystals. Iron ingots I have plenty of those, will work for their *healing* if yall opt to heal per victor left standing ie one on one as opposed to chaos in the pit of golems. Both are fun but I think utter chaos of lots of em all fighting till they all drop is even more comically fun at times. *can do both ways too one on ones first then mass chaos of lots of em fighting at once, if time allows and golem parts abound*

Spree and kelmo both were in on the various golem fights held in Iantown before so they would know the workings and rules of hosting golem fights. :) I just know how to make em and oft have em around me, for entertaining historic, *heavy metalist* pets. :)

7. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hope you've been collecting your parts. . .showdown tomorrow night!

8. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

As a new citizen I would love to watch this if possible. When and where do the buses depart?

9. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'll try to leave some runes around Luna and Brit banks, can also gate from the NEW house as well.

10. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

bumping again

11. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

5 mins to go

12. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

bah meeb lost!!!

13. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Was fun, we'll try it again at some point.

Willis for the win!