1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

gone

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Mithrandir Stormcrow, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Mithrandir Stormcrow

all gone

#1 Mithrandir Stormcrow, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Go ahead and start with out me...

3. Mithrandir Stormcrow

it still up, only seen 3 sl here so far A red and 2 blues.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I have a fitting for my Renaissance wedding costume. Good luck out there.

5. Mithrandir Stormcrow

Starting to see a few more trickel in. It's still up and only SL reds and a blue.

6. Mithrandir Stormcrow

HAHAHA fun times no one placed a castle. I did get 15k turn in points. Woot points. lol. 3 little houses stop a castle, if u want the one I own hit me up. ty

#6 Mithrandir Stormcrow, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Get used to this... if the second house on Siege happens.

8. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Appears to be 4 players in this now. I will take 10 mil for mine.

#8 Tiberius, Apr 24, 2013
    Mithrandir Stormcrow likes this.
  9. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

I doubt that any of the four will end up making much money - course I could be wrong. Instead I think it is who can outwait the rest.

10. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Leawyn II will not be buying any of the other plots.

11. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Will you be selling yours though? I know a guildie really wants this spot and will give ya 10m for it.

#11 Rumpy, Apr 24, 2013
  12. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Even gone I can't resist to ask: where was the idoc? Who was the owner of the castle?

Zalfein

13. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

Cailin Rose, inbetween AEowyn and Krans

14. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Have no plans on selling it at the moment.

15. Rumpy

Rumpy Slightly Crazed

Thats a shame that everyone would likely deal except you. Do you not want to see another Castle put to use?

16. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

What´s there to work out? I don´t deal with house blockers.

I have a house there I will use. I´m good.

17. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

How did I block?

Who was the first person to place a house that you could actually walk in to?

Blaeke likes this.
  18. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Just becasue someone wishes to hold their house for what ever reason, is no need to try and bully and slam said person incorrectly for having no sense of community. So to you I say ,WTF, I would expect the above quote from some whining childish puke throwing a tantrum but not from Mithrandir Stormcrow.

Blaeke likes this.
  19. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

No lies from my end.
    Several people tried to place there. When the area opened up, Rumpy manages to put up a tower but never actually placed it. I saw a window of opportunity to be the first one to place a plot and took it. My plot placed.
    So if I´m the first one to actually place there, how does that make me a blocker?

20. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

I still don´t see how placing a house first is blocking. Yes, I placed a small house which I then re-sized to a bigger one.

21. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

LOL and thats totally BS. When a castle falls there is no rule anywhere saying a castle must go back up in that same spot. Any one having an account can place any size they want, they just have to place before others. They do not need to explain **** to other players about thier intent. This is not the first time something like this has happened. All 4 who placed risked the chance of a deadlock and should accept the consequence of placing. Not accuse others of things because they are pissed that they will lose pixel gold coinage.
    And yes I have your statement straight, it ws a bully statement.

22. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

I guess we have different views on blocking then.

For me it´s more like whoever places first (no matter the size) gets the spot. Now, had Rumpy´s tower landed then in my eyes he got the spot and I wouldn´t have placed anything there. Call it a code of honor or something.
    When Bartleby placed a tower at the Ice island castle IDOC a while back, I didn´t place a house around his (and there were plenty of space to do so) cuz again, in my eyes, he got the spot which he later upgraded to a castle.

I´m sure I´m in the minority of thinking this way but it is what it is. So by placing first at this IDOC I see no shame in keeping the house I have there now and maybe someday upgrade it.

23. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

GIL discovered the decay status 3 or 4 days prior to the fall.

24. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If Tjalle owns a home and wants to keep it...more power to him. Not sure what all the complaining is about...

25. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Here goes my best Arnold impersonation from Kindergarten Cop "Stop whining!" Four people have new homes. Be happy..

26. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

I seen the title on sign, thanks for the chuckle! :p

27. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

lol sounds like someone is crying about not getting the castle LOL great job tjallle for placing first

28. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Here is my two cents worth;

I tried to place a castle 4 times and a keep 2 times. I failed..but there was ample opprotunity to place a small house prior to the time that one was acually placed. We all apparently ran into similar problems getting the more desirable homes placed. What ensued was a land grab Oklahoma style. We all know a castle or keep will fit there and we all know thatit is in a historic siege area (Safe Haven). All this talk about "house blocking" is immature and disingenious. I wanted a castle but upon failing to obtain that I chose to place so I would have some form of leverage in negotions regarding placment of a castle. Lets not fool ouselves; we ALL wanted a castle. We ALL knew the risk of not getting it layed down in time. I also knew there was a risk that somone would be unwilling to deal on the hope of waiting out the others. I dropped my vendor house to gamble on the castle but knew my guild will not let me go without vendor space or that I could use the new home as a vendor home. I am open to buying others out ata reasonable rate which I feelis 10 mil per house. I am willing tosell for the same. If that does not happen then the new home shall suffice to meet my needs;the character that holds it is one of my primary accounts and is instrumental to my place style. It will not be shut down. Further should I decide to shut it down, the home wil be passed to a trusted guildmate or friend who will in turn keep it standing in perpetuity. What does all this mean? No castle, no easy profit, no gain at all if noone deals. If someone deals? ALL parties win. Someones gets a castle in a choice position and the others make a nice chunk of change for very little effort.

Here is the crux of the issue; there is someone unwilling to deal basically because a difference of perception. They may even see the other participants in this little drama as "griefy" or "unscrupulous". This is not the case at all. This is the situaton at hand. hand the game programers wanted the first guy to place any home within the castle footprint post castle drop to have castle spot rights then they would have coded the game to reward that action. Obviously it was not coded that way.

I will reiterate; I am willing to deal REASONABLY as either a buyer or a seller in this situation. If some choose not to deal then I will happily use the house as it sits.

P.S.

I just purchased the keep next to stablebankus. I value it more than this "potential" castlespot and consider it my primary home. I could careless if I get a castle, 10 million, or a vendor home in Safe Haven out of all this.

#28 Tiberius, Apr 24, 2013
  29. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

LOL I wish I had seen what Zalfien had done before I typed all that:).

30. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I was surprised when I moved to Siege to see how people were civilized about castle idocs. Most of the time, people took days to resize and noone blocked them. Even though there's no written rule, people observed "first placer gets it" rule about 80% of the time when I played (Nov->March) on Siege.

Having said that, as BD pointed out, anyone can place whatever they want and there's nothing that can be done about it.

The same way, don't expect the first placer to give up easily.

From my personal experience, blocking wars are a waste of time unless you really have the resources to outlast everyone. The first time I placed a keep on a castle spot (on prod), I got blocked by someone with dozens of accounts. Weeks later I gave up and the person had forgotten about owning the blocker, lol. In a similar fashion, you think you outlast someone just to realized they gave the buiding to someone willing to continue the fight.

Zalfein

ps: and yes, I put a 5th blocker this morning, just to give people a real reason to whine. *evil grin*

Sprago and Tiberius like this.
  31. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

Game mechanics can seem cruel.

32. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

When I played 3 years ago, you could bet your ass someone would try to block you. TNT tried with me, placed outside the footprint and it made for a good laugh. I figured I was being civil enough tbh. I offered a fair price when you consider ice island castles have been going for 60 mil lately.

33. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What ever the perception is, now four people have plots instead of one, I think that's more giving to the community than just one person having a gigantic plot in this historic and desirable area. (Shrugs) just my opinion. Those plots might be more desirable to some new people if and when we get the ability to add a second house to a Siege account.

Also, Stormcrow, Gilfane has a pretty good system in place to find and track idocs, as some others do. I'm sure that we and you were not the only people on the shard to know about it.

34. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Sorry but I would never live there - I don't like any of the neighbors! (hehehehe jk)

IanJames likes this.
  35. Feanaro

Feanaro Journeyman

From what I have seen on here stormcrow is one of the biggest crybabys when he doesnt get his way when those SL pukes ruined your harry I never seen so much crying in gen chat. Guess thats all you really can do a stealth mystic mage cant really do much in game so keep on crying buddy :)

36. Mithrandir Stormcrow

Idk if it was the ful moon or what but I appoligize for taking it personaly and I appoligize for my bad atittude. I was having a real bad day yesturday so I put myself on a one day internet ban and didnt play UO. Went for a bike ride and feel much better today. I am sorry. LOL.:embarrassed:

37. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Remember all the castles we placed? Imagine the fortune we could have amassed!! :p

Famous quote "no castle will fit in that spot"

Tiberius likes this.
  38. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Glad your feeling better, cya later! :p

39. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Don´t worry about it, Stormcrow. It´s yesterday´s news.

40. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

LOL yea we placed completely unmolested. We also had time to count and recount the foot print and dbl check each other. This one was a bit more contested. castles are going for way more now. We would have been lucky to get 25 mil for our Ice Isle castles but one sold for close to 75ishnot long ago. The one in this thread is smack in the middle of Safe Haven right on the road.

41. Zalfein

Zalfein Journeyman
    The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Update: Safe Haven got its castle back. Welcome Silencer.

Zalfein

42. MANSBETH

MANSBETH Seasoned Veteran

Since Tjalle placed first ...what's the argument about? Everyone has their own strategy or houses...
    Good job Tjalle!

43. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Yer a little late. ;)

We´re all friends again. :)