1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Gonna try to come back.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Slim, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Slim

Slim Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Seems like every time I try to play some RL drama happends and I gotta leave on short notice. Im gonna give it another try!

What should I do with my build?
    Heres what I have so far.

120 Necro.
    120 SS.
    120 Med.
    103 Resist.

What I was working on when I had to leave was Necro, mage with no eval.

Now Im thining of pure necro of some sort.

I was thinking of tossing in wrestle and parry into that but Im not sure.
    Any sort of stealther template are out of the question for me.

Any ideas to kick around?
    Thank you!!

2. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Invest into Spellchanneling Archery weapons and learn Tactics and Archery.
    I look for those weapons with Spell like special attacks.

Also, get an Ethyl mount, since you are going to not Gate hear or there.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

3. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

120 Weapon Skill
    120 Bushido

or

120 Spellweaving
    120 Magery

I would go with the Spellweaving and Magery.
    I know you dont want magery, but horse and boat would be the only way to get around without it. Magery without eval int is fine for gates, summons, utility spells.

Spellweaving would be great for summons, gift of life, dryad allure, word of death, etc.. with no worry of regs or lrc.

you could also go with:

120 eval int
    120 myst

but then you might want to stone resist and add magery since you have eval int.

You woud definately want an LRC suit for that set up, as carrying regs for three magic arts would be heavy and expensive.

4. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I would say to invest in parry

With faction items, balms and pots you can get to 80 dex easy!

With no Parry you will be casting GH only...

I too said that stealth was out of the question when I came here, until you lose a few faction suits (around 1 mil) Trust me once they find out you cant hide/stealth you get called in vent every time!!

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Welcome back

Would you happen to be Slim Shady?

6. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

If so, could you please stand up?
    Please stand up?
    Please stand up?

*is still down, still has the 411, and doesn't want you getting jiggy with some boy no matter how dope his ride is*

7. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Do or do not! There is no try!

[​IMG]

8. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

How do you like to play? What do you plan on doing pvp/pvm alittle of both? Plan on pvpin solo or with a group? A straight necro is very underpowered by itself. Now if you pair up with some mages than you would be very useful, its a shame tho most guilds run maybe a mage or 2.

9. Mir07

Mir07 Guest

Freja you still remember Slim Shady? Hes my RL friend he will never be back but i'm thinking about it , Mirage , we played from the start (twice, wipe right) till about 5 years ago.

Nice to see your still playing Freja!

10. Slim

Slim Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Thx for the replys everyone! Well Id like to pvp mainly. I like group pvp but a good solo fight is alot of fun too. If I remember correctly there's not too many solo fights as in people get called in.

Alot of good suggestions. Im not against magery at all. Magery is hard to pass up with all the utility it has. I guess Im a bit weary of all the macros for necro/magery. Id like to shy away from dexxer type skills. Im still heavily leaning twords the parry/wrestle/necro. Only thing is if I carry one of those event blessed spell books and a shield I cant chug.

Did they change word of death? From what I remember it was only useful for pve. Ive played with spell weaving in the past the pixies are alot of fun but the mana consumption were alot on most of the spells if I remember rite. Still Im not opposed to it.

Also from the experienced necros out there what are the spell combos that are mainly used? Also mite there by any one who would like to duel a bit so I can get the hang of it. Id hate to loose a bunch of gear rite now. When I left I gave pretty much gave all of my gold and gear to the guild so Im a bit low on funds and gear. I have about 5k gold left lol.

11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Nice to see you back Mirage, hope to see you ingame, you really should give it a try. Sad to hear Slim Shady won't be back.

So many old names in my head I would love to see back, 12 years is long time but I still remember alot of players from the past.

12. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

High parry/wrestle means less effective blood oath, as you wont be getting hit so much... but thats more of a 1 vs. 1 issue, and you'll need to get hit less in group fighting.

Word of Death is still PvM, but very powerful when farming bosses.
    The new Goblins can be tamed with Dryad Allure too... the mages are nice. ( though they cant follow you into the Abyss )

Imagine pixies guarding you, evil omen, blood oath, corpse skin, poison strike, wither, and pain spike to finish.

13. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

*dispels evil, removes curse, and pokes the necro that now has no mana*

14. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Touche'

Fortunately I didn't reveal what I have up my OTHER sleeve!

Of course each attack must be tailor made for the attackee, it would be pointless to send pixies after another necro, as one wither would kill them all.

I am by no means a PvP'er, so my tactics are from a PK point of view, and I can stealth up to my victim and see what skills they use and what gear they have.

15. Slim

Slim Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Do ya still need the circles for Spellweaving? If so thats a bummer as its hard to find 5 peps for one.

16. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Yes, you still need an arcane focus, and the circles at brit bank give a bonus, so if you ony have you and one other person, you'll get a level three focus. Level three will summon four pixies in one casting, which is really nice for suprise attacks out of stealth, as there are no pixies following along giving away your location in stealth.

The imps are nice too, but they are slower and dont cast so much, they do more melee damage... I believe you can trap people with them though ( and really that would only work on miners ), as they walk instead of fly.

17. Hiya Mirage, this is Cleo/Tamara. I bought your East Brit tower years ago *grins* I still have it too! See you when you get back. Slim's small tower spot is still open (I think)

18. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend

Really?

So you don't need to head into that crystal place to get a level 6 any more?