1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Good lord, its just awful. I mean really bad.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by sofaking, Jul 27, 2009.

1. sofaking

sofaking Guest

The SA client, that is. I logged on to it today just to look at it again. It is so unresponsive. It feels clunky and wierd. Why dont they just give up and work towards enhancing the 2d client.

There were only three things i liked about it.

1) you can zoom out
    2) I actually like the paperdolls
    3) the cu sidhe is a finished model.

Everything else was crap. God the movement on it looks awful.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It's in beta, they're working on it. If it's slow on your pc, have you made any adjustments? There are several suggestions on the beta client board we opened.
    This *is* supposed to be 2D enhanced, it has 2D artwork for buildings and items, KR artwork for mobiles and terrain and a user interface that's far better than that in KR.

At our house it's the pc that's 'clunky' but by setting everything that can be set to 'low' or 'off', especially 'show frame' I can play it easily and take advantage of the options in the ui.

3. sofaking

sofaking Guest

I run fall out 3 in high res with no problems. Its not the pc.

4. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

I am really disappointed that they removed the nice crafting menu from the KR client.

Trying hard to keep an open mind about the rest of it until I get past the learning curve. Anything is going to suck when you're not used to it.

5. ya i have a nice pc to and it was clunky for me as well.

6. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I have an old pc and it is pretty much unuseable for me. :wall:

7. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

have you guys complaining about clunkiness made any of the suggested adjustments?

8. If the game is clunky, shouldn't EA be making the adjustments?

Expecting the player to make the adjustment requires that the player wants to use the client. If EA wants the player to use the client, they ought to be making it useable.

For those who will go to whatever lengths are necessary to tweak the client to make it playable, good for you. The bad news for you is that most people won't. There is nothing wrong with that either.

9. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

ive made adjustments i cant go up my tower stairs in animal form cause of the clunkieness,

10. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It's only two settings. . .

11. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

good ole uo going down the tubes

12. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I agree 100% , TOTAL CRAP... They "EA" can keep it !

13. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

cant make turd polish out of ****

14. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I have spent a little time in SA. I have not had trouble with clunkiness. I had trouble setting up my macros. I like the zoom in/out feature. Actually, I like the spell/skill bars. I set my containers to legacy. I just couldn't take the "grid". I haven't decided if I like the paperdoll. I still don't like the fuzziness of the terrain and how some things look "squished" . I understand why they kept some of the 2D art, but it makes the game look like some kind of weird hybrid. It's like mixing original Nintendo graphics with the Game Cube graphics.....or something like that.

I haven't done anything in SA except walk to the bank, and stock my vendors.

15. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

ya well i luv everything that it features but it just wont run good for me :(

16. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I made a few characters, a tamer , a dex , a mage & a Gargoyle.
    Poop , Poopy & Poopier... LOL . The Gargoyle was Kool but no fun with the horrible glitchy movement. The paperdol is kool too, so I tried to adjust for it but with no luck.I did make a few suggestions in beta but no one & I mean no one said squat to me. I tried it a few more times and decided it was not worth my time.
    I'd rather play our same'ol same'ol UO then be glitching around and get nothing done. They need to STOP wasting time & $$$ on something that only 20% will buy after the horrible beta trials end. I will not buy it...

17. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

At least they added an "always run" macro option.. I wonder who's great idea that was?

And for myself it ran very slow at first.. reduced framerate to 20, no particle effects, low detail, resized the window to about 800x600.. then it was gravy.

18. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Seems to work wonderfully for me, no adjustments needed.

I am on a Wal*Mart E-Machine that I upgraded ( RAM to 2 Gigs and Video Card to 256MB ), only 2 Ghz AMD.

I love the new macro system, I love that you can set items in a hot bar just to keep track of them ( like a hot bar with all your regs in it to keep a count on them. )

I haven't set up macros yet, so I am still on 2D. This weekend I will give it a serious try.

One of the glitches I noticed was when I was running, I changed directions and the character staed facing in the orginal direction, so I appeared to be running sideways. ( strafe ).

The macro system seems like it will replace UO Assist, though I've never tried UO Assist.

19. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Yep I'm glad I never spent the $15. I like the new client so far, it will be nice when I'm not playing on a laptop.

20. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

Yes! KR didn't have an 'always run' toggle, so I never tried it seriously.
    No stealther could play it if you cant toggle out of run mode and hide to start stealthing, as dragging your cursor to far extremes of the screen to make it run is rather stupid, you cannot change directions as quickly.

KR has been uninstalled!

21. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I know who suggested the macro. :D

22. nightstalker22

Stratics Veteran

No, I dont talk to them...I am one of those people who feel that talking to authorities is useless, they pretend to listen and have a glazed look in their eyes. Then they thank you for your suggestions and go away. Politics! Don't turn anyone away, you may need their vote later ( or $10.00 subscription ).

They probably read my whining in KR forums about it though! :D

23. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

For anyone with an older machine, try turning off 'show frame'

Moonglow Merchant: EA are making adjustments, that's why it's in open beta.
    everyone:
    There's a new beta forum, at their request, where people can give them feedback to help with the process. Having been through several patches to it I can say there have been changes based on feedback from players.
    A few things I like about it: Being able to tie bandages to a specific pet or player for vet/heal
    being able to tie recall/gate icon in a hotbar to a specific rune book to go to the default just by clicking on it.
    Getting re-dressed in one big 'whomp' instead of each piece going on individually and having to wait till it finishes.
    Being able to set as many re-dress macros as I like, and able to replace just certain items rather than the whole suit.
    Being able to switch between items held, and not just 4 of them.
    being able to set my fire beetle as 'stored' and smelt all my ore on him.

24. Mr.StinkyPants

Stratics Veteran

ya i know i just keep loosing faith and patients every time fail at simple things like walking, but ill try a few things they are saying to try