1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Good LORD this is boring...

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Tuan, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Keying Paroxymus. I've been killing slimes for an hour... got 2/4 of the keys. So tedious. At least the putrifyer has some juice... gotta pay attention to what you're doing.

2. Lord GOD(GOD)

Lord GOD(GOD) Lore Keeper

Couldn't agree more.

3. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

After 2 or so more hours, I've now collected about 12 total keys. Unfortunately it is 6 heads, 5 legs, 1 torso, 0 arms. I even found 2 or 3 slimes that had 2 of the keys, but every time it was the ones I already had.

I'm just not sure I have the kind of time to invest in this endeavor that it seems to require.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I hate farming keys. Is it supposed to take longer to gather the keys than the actual boss encounter itself?

I'm sure back in the day with big guilds out hunting for them as a team it was probably ok. It's different these days though.

5. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

2 more hours in there, and man I keep getting the legs. Got 5 more sets of the legs, 1 torso, nothing of anything else.

6. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

There are no arms... Head, torso, legs and spleen are the 4 keys....

Tuan likes this.
  7. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

Indeed, and when this was pointed out to me in GChat, I was relieved. This means only that I'm an idiot (a theoretically correctable situation) and not horribly unlucky (which is not correctable).

8. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

It seems the optimism, about not being unlucky. of my previous note was misplaced. 3 hours, 12 keys - 6 heads, 6 legs, 0 torso. :(

I reiterate my sentiment from note #3 that as much as I like the idea of the challenge of killing the peerless, I'm just not sure I have the requisite time to actually complete the task, given that these keys expire.

9. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Keying the peerless can be a real chore and cringeworthy if the RNG gods are against you.
    A lot of times I had to kill 30+ Irk to get the first Irk brain when keying Dread. :/

10. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I used my Stealth Archer to collect those keys.

11. Merlin

Merlin The Enchanter
    Moderator Professional Campaign Patron UWF

I share your pain regarding keying for this particular encounter. Killing all those slimes is beyond tedious, and if you don't have a toon that can hide/invis easily, then you will spend half your time fending off other monsters. It's a shame because this is one of my favorite peerless to fight.

Having said that, archer with area effect weapon and hiding/stealth make it atleast a bit quicker and easier to check corpses without aggro'ing other monsters.

12. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I just kill everything, whirlwind and hit area takes stuff down pretty quick. I'd rather if you could kill anything for the keys and the likelihood to get the keys is proportional to the fame or barding difficulty (since bard difficulty is a good proxy for a guage of overall monster power) or something. I'd rather go kill 20 balrons per key item then 200 slimes...