1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Good time to return to UO?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Koren, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Koren

Koren Guest

I played UO a looong time ago and I've been thinking about jumping back in. I realize that a lot of things have changed since UO:R but would you generally say that it's a good time to give Britannia another whirl?

2. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yes.

-Galen's player

3. ress me plz

ress me plz Guest

IMHO, UO is the only mmorpg currently playable :) so come back to Sosaria :D

4. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yup. Its perfect in time to build your Pirate Captain for the Booster. :)

5. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yes, definately now there is a lot more to do and the new Enhanced Client has a lot of goodies to enjoy.

Also, get the Stygian Abyss expansion if you can, price just was lowered and it is well worth it.

If you like playing with lots of people and competition, pick a highly populated shard like pacific or atlantic or, if you want a shard with more room to grow and with spawns less crowded, go to a shard with a little less crowded population like Catskills or Napa or LS.

6. Evlar

Evlar Guest

Download the free trial and have a look for yourself. Won't cost you anything. During the trial, explore, speak to people and see what you think.

Then, if you still remember your original account details, you may be able to reactivate it.

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just keep in mind that (if you follow the above advice) trial accounts are limited as far as what they can do, so you won't get to experience 100% of the new features UO has to offer.

8. ingsmsico

ingsmsico Visitor

In September they usually activate all accounts for 1-2 weeks.. is that happening this year?

9. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

If you're even thinking about it, you know you want to. Just jump in. There is no other game like UO, and nothing else even comes close for the "Sandbox" and "Worldly".

Newer content from SA is interesting and good fun. The storylines are deep and interesting, even if they have been sort of spread out time wise. There's things that feel left "unfinished", yet they won't comment on them to say "that's over with" or "we've moved on from that", as far as I know. So there's quite a bit of intrigue in what's going on. And I'm still wondering about that Blue Wisp and the Blackrock summoning of a Wisp that wants "knowledge of appropriate denseness" or however it was put.

Yeah, it's a good time to return to UO.

10. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

No such things as a bad time to return to UO IMHO :)

11. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

This.

12. Willard

Willard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

UO is Awesome--it is always a great time to return. And Lake Austin would make a great new home:)

13. Sturdy

Sturdy Guest

Plug for Siege...

Also OP - believe it or not you may be able to reactivate your original account. If you have any of the old data they might be able to turn it back on.. (I was gone 7 years)

14. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

This.:thumbup1:

15. Siteswap

Siteswap Visitor

This I suppose, but dont get your hopes up too high and be prepared to face something that you may not even recognise as the game you once played. Its VERY different from what you knew...