1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

GoodGuy, I'm calling you out dammit

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

This has always bothered me but I've never said anything until the other day when me and my buddy were talking about when he played UO. WE INVENTED INN LOOTING. Even more, we emailed you a story of our own about how we do it with some pictures and stories of loot. Keep in mind this was probably about 6 years ago. However, not more than a month after we sent the email, you put up a story about Inn looting and gave us no credit. In closing, I'm bored and wanted to rant.

2. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

first of all, LOL, and i probably never got that email because if you sent it to my page account i had spam of about 1,200 a day and COULD NEVER find a legitimate email that was sent to me.

Also, i never claimed to invent inn looting, as a matter of fact i remember reading Belan episodes and getting the idea to camp brit inn on holidays and whenever i could trying to catch fools transfering loot to different characters when it was really hard to own a house still.

but thanks for making me remember those good old days lol

3. farbs

farbs Guest

any of your stories or episodes still around?

4. Jaimes

Jaimes Guest

Does anyone remember the Adventures of Secret Gimp? I thought those were a riot even more than Belan's comics. Definitely classic stuff. I looked around for the episodes on the internet a couple years back and I couldn't find them :/

And to the OP, I think inn looting has been around since the beginning of the game. When I started in 2000 (9 years ago) I transferred stuff between characters via inns fairly often, and it wasn't uncommon to find something yanked every now and then. I eventually learned to use less populated inns.

5. Zippididooda

Zippididooda Guest

belan wow, forgot about that
    awesome stories

6. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

not really, i have the old pictures and maybe the words but not the entire page like it was lol. l33t 13yo homestead skills!

7. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Galad was my homie, and the best.

8. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Probably few of us know anything about these stories you speak of...now entertain us or die. :mad:

-Skylark

9. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Did you invent res killing, spawn looting, stealing, and designable houses too?

10. Azural Kane

Azural Kane Guest

That's nothing really... I invented UO.

Heh, you really think you're the only one to ever camp an inn waiting for someone to do that? ^^ Wow. That's special.

You do know UO has existed since 1997, right...? That's a bit more than 6 years.

11. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Pfft , thats nothing, im really the inventor of teh internets, you should be thanking me, not Al Gore ;P

12. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend